• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Took my UBERTI SAA in 45 Colt out to the range yesterday. I grabbed it on a whim to shoot while I was on 'break' from getting re-acquainted with my USPSA gun(I hadn't pulled a trigger since July 4th weekend due to home remodeling project that took my attention). Shooting that old school revolver still brings a smile to my face. On the plus side, my wrist which I shattered 15 months ago, didn't hurt one bit shooting it...so I'm happy it has healed back up and the muscle strength is finally back in that hand.

Up next is grabbing the 45LC 1873 Winchester and going and having some fun with it after I get the new sights on it.

Anyway, that is all.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sometimes it's nice to just shoot revolvers and get away from all the tacticool BS. Love my BlackHawk and single six and Uberti.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Sometimes it's nice to just shoot revolvers and get away from all the tacticool BS. Love my BlackHawk and single six and Uberti.

^ WORD ^
    Everyone that I let shoot my revolver(s) loves it. This includes plenty of folks that own multiple semi-auto handguns in a variety of calibers... many of them have NEVER shot a revolver before. Shooting a mix of 38 spl, 38 +p, and 357 mag they see how versatile and reliable a revo can be.

I've heard multiple times "wow, my next handgun has to be a revolver."

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    ^ WORD ^
    Everyone that I let shoot my revolver(s) loves it. This includes plenty of folks that own multiple semi-auto handguns in a variety of calibers... many of them have NEVER shot a revolver before. Shooting a mix of 38 spl, 38 +p, and 357 mag they see how versatile and reliable a revo can be.

JMHO but after 30 years of LE and starting out on revolvers most new (and some old shooters) get way to wrapped up with "it doesn't hild enough rounds" etc.

Revolvers are still a great tool if one want to learn them.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Nothing like a 45 Colt with rounds stuffed with Goex FFg. The smoke clears the mind, and the fire clears the soul!

:draw:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Right on with all posts! I absolutely love shooting my revolvers. All mine are DA/SA (exept the 640 which is DA only), but yeah, there's something special about cocking that hammer back, giving a light pull, and the mechanical clickity-clack sounds a wheelgun makes. I've said before that I could go to owning/shooting nothing but wheel guns, and I'd live a perfectly happy life. This after swearing I never wanted to own one, and then shooting my younger brother's S&W Model 66 police trade-in. Within two cylinders out of that gun, it was over, I was hooked.

I'm a bit on the lookout for a stainless Ruger NMBH 4.6" convertible that shoots 357/38, and 9mm out of the second cylinder. I know the blued ones are out there, but I swear there was a stainless version once upon a time.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Right on with all posts! ....

I'm a bit on the lookout for a stainless Ruger NMBH 4.6" convertible that shoots 357/38, and 9mm out of the second cylinder. I know the blued ones are out there, but I swear there was a stainless version once upon a time.

I think that's a rare breed.
    I'd say just get the blued. (which are also out of current production)

... they also have the NEW SA/DA Redhawk 45LC which will also fire .45 ACP on moonclips (but not spaced right 45 auto-rim..?!?!). This would be fun to own as well.

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I think that's a rare breed.
    I'd say just get the blued. (which are also out of current production)

Indeed, but they ARE out there! Found one on Bud's, but for the price, I'm a bit more tempted by other things right now... but it sure is a pretty gun.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...ducts_id/719004426/*RUG+KBN34X+3579MM+4-58+SS

719004426_1.jpg

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    What's more fun than shooting a single action? Shooting a pair of them in cowboy action shooting. If you like shooting single action guns, you need to try cowboy action shooting.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have one of the convertible Ruger NM Vaqueros in .45
    .45 Colt cylinder and .45 ACP cylinder. The ACP cylinder obviously does not require moon clips. With full power .45 ACP rounds, it kinda surprises some people that have only shot .45 ACP in a semi auto pistol.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I like that ^^^ Scout! Very nice. My younger brother had a Vaquero in 357 that I really liked. He ended up trading it off, but it handled 357 loads like a boss, and was almost like a squirt gun with 38 Special loads. Really fun SA gun!!

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    ^ WORD ^

Yep. Add some 9mm to that mix and you've pretty well got the bases covered. The BH conv is quite the tool.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have SAA's in .44-40 I used for SASS. 200gr lead with the same amount of black powder as the .45 Colt. Shoot them and you know you set off some power. May not shoot fast or as long as my 1911 but it is more fun.

Top Bottom