• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Greetings All.

Somewhat of a newbie to the CZ shooting ranks. I recently picked up a new pistol from a LGS that is described as a CZ 75 D Compact. When I apply a magnet to the metal frame, nothing, so I'll assume that means it's an alloy frame and not steel. It does have a rail on it and does not have the omega system. Based on the data on the target that comes along with it, it was manufactured in 2014.

Here's my question...is this just a CZ P-01 without the roll marking and NSN? I just assumed that it was a CZ 75 compact, but was surprised when I found out that the frame was alloy and not steel.

Your experience is appreciated.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Agreed. Sounds like a P-01. Same as my PCR except yours as a rail and mine does not. I also have a compact with the steel frame and a safety. I actually like the lighter weight of the alloy frame. Maybe T-DOGG will post a picture of his P-01. Really sweet pistols.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Agreed with the comments above. Sure sounds like a P-01 to me, which I've sometimes heard of being referred to as a 75D (Decocker) Compact. And yep, it would have the alloy frame, but with a railed dust cover. Mine doesn't have the NSN stamped into the frame... if yours (OP) does, I think that's cool.

Here is a pic of mine in the foreground (75B matte stainless in the back), which I think I took just after installing the Dawson FO front sights on both.

20160525_170625_zpskwrblbhc.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Very nice, Hopper. CZ uses different roll marks for different intended markets. Any overruns are shipped to the good ole USA. ;) So you will see both P01 and 75D roll marks on P01s.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new CZ! The 75D/P01 is one of the best carry guns available today. I just ran my P01 yesterday and reminded myself why I love that gun so much. This is mine:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Very nice, Hopper. CZ uses different roll marks for different intended markets. Any overruns are shipped to the good ole USA. ;) So you will see both P01 and 75D roll marks on P01s.

You are the reason I have that matte stainless. Your satin nickel compact still calls out to me from time-to-time. :bowdown:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Agreed with the comments above. Sure sounds like a P-01 to me, which I've sometimes heard of being referred to as a 75D (Decocker) Compact. And yep, it would have the alloy frame, but with a railed dust cover. Mine doesn't have the NSN stamped into the frame... if yours (OP) does, I think that's cool.

Here is a pic of mine in the foreground (75B matte stainless in the back), which I think I took just after installing the Dawson FO front sights on both.

20160525_170625_zpskwrblbhc.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

1. Truly love the Matte stainless w/wood grips! Nice!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That is one beautiful handgun! Love CZs - got a 75B and love it.

1. How much smaller is the Rami? And, why did you not get it for a carry?
    2. Just trying to learn.
    3. Do you know how much bigger this one is than the Rami? And, is this model a compact?

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    f1sxN6H.jpg

Doddg pictured is the SP-01, P-01, and the Rami. This should give you a good idea of the size differences and yes the P-01 is considered a compact.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    f1sxN6H.jpg

Doddg pictured is the SP-01, P-01, and the Rami. This should give you a good idea of the size differences and yes the P-01 is considered a compact.

1. Thanks, I'll go to try to find specs/dimensions so I can compare to the Shield 9 and Sig 365.

Top Bottom