• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Purchased a new Glock 26 Gen 3 awhile back and just now shot it for the first time. Went to point blank and bought some of their point blank branded 9mm reloads for 12.00 a box. Loaded up the mag and the 4 round or so jammed with the slide locked half open. The tip of the ammo when I cleared it was almost sheared off. Ran a second clip through and the same thing happened. Luckily I had half a box of Magtech in my bag so I ran that through and all 25 rounds ran flawless.

My LC9s had zero issues with the reloads. I checked the ramp and it appears to be free of any burs. It is super smooth.

I now need to take it back to the range after a good cleaning and run a few more hundred rounds through it. Anyone else ever have issues with point blanks house branded ammo? This is the first glock issue I have ever had in my entire time shooting glocks.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Probably the ammo if I had to guess. I'm sure they're bunny fart loads
    #1 Don't shoot someone else's reloads. Even when loaded by some no name ammo remanufacture
    #2 $12/box of reloaded 9mm is high
    #3 Refer back to #1

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I ran through a case of their reloads (Midwest I believe) without issue but they are loaded pretty light. Dual RSA guns seem a little more ammo sensitive than the gen 3s with the flat wire RSA. If you still have problems with it PM me. Maybe we meet at Point Blank and I would be happy to take a look at it for you.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Probably the ammo if I had to guess. I'm sure they're bunny fart loads
    #1 Don't shoot someone else's reloads. Even when loaded by some no name ammo remanufacture
    #2 $12/box of reloaded 9mm is high
    #3 Refer back to #1
    :+1:This! You can buy new 9mm brass case ammo for close to that price most places. I would not ever shoot reloads in any of my guns.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    " I would not ever shoot reloads in any of my guns."

:+1:This! You can buy new 9mm brass case ammo for close to that price most places. I would not ever shoot reloads in any of my guns.

Different strokes...I hardly shoot anything except my reloads.
    Most Glocks run the best on "Full House" loads. Some light/mid-range 9MM, that will run in my CZ's will hang up in my Glocks.

FWIW, I have seen a whole lot of the cheap REM-UMC 115gr. 9MM loads give problems in ALL pistols...Bill.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Buy factory fresh, and see if that works, a Glock warranty is voided when using any reloaded or remanufactured ammunition in one.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Thanks for all the input. I assumed that the Magtech would have jammed as well if their was an obvious flaw with the gun but I didn't have much of it on hand that day. I'll run a bunch of CCI or PMC through it when I get a chance. I am going to stear clear of that Point Blank Ammo though. I have never had a gun jam and slice the tip of the copper jacket lead tip off cleanly like that.

Glad I have a backup in my LC9s until I can find time to prove the G26 worthy.

Top Bottom