• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Anyone have one? Or have any thoughts on them. They are becoming available in my area at a reasonable price. So I was just wondering.

Thanks

Nothing particularly on the Ruger BUT... putting reasonable price, 1911, and Ruger 1911 in the same sentence would have me looking each and every gun before putting my money down on one. Ruger is a new kid on the block on 1911s. My thinking only for what it's worth.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I bought the first one I found, down at Gun World in Corydon. I really liked my Ruger .45 Commander, so I picked this one up also. Slide to frame fit is a bit loose, but it puts them all in the black! Carries nicely also.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Oh yes, got one, and absolutely dig it. I put thicker grips on it, and changed the 10# factory recoil spring out for a 14#. It shoots crazy soft, and is an absolute joy at the range. The sights were dead-on out of the box, and the trigger is very nice.

I just swapped the recoil spring, and need to put some rounds through it to function check. The factory spring had sort of a lazy "spongy" feel to it as the slide cycled. This should quicken things up a bit.

Kind of a crummy cell phone pic:

20161030_224128_zpsraupgl9c.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I got one and love it. Ruger makes great guns but I did pay extra and went via Gallery of Guns. This way, I can bypass Ruger and get a new one from GoG if issues ever arises. I was going to replace the grips with some VZs but one of the screws is STRIPPED! :xmad:
    However, it's not worth returning it since this thing shoots very well and haven't had any issues. I think the trigger is great and very little recoil.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I got one and love it. Ruger makes great guns but I did pay extra and went via Gallery of Guns. This way, I can bypass Ruger and get a new one from GoG if issues ever arises. I was going to replace the grips with some VZs but one of the screws is STRIPPED! :xmad:
    However, it's not worth returning it since this thing shoots very well and haven't had any issues. I think the trigger is great and very little recoil.
    Call Ruger and let them know of your issue and I'm betting they sent you out the new parts immediately. Have your serial # handy. I've had a few issues with Ruger but their service and parts departments are great. Good people there.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had one in .45, it was a sweet shooter. Never had any issues with it.

My same experience. Enjoyed the one I had for 2 years, but wasn't shooting it much and sold it to pay some bills that came up. I had some nice VZ grips on mine that I liked a lot more than the ones that came with the gun. Made a big difference IMO. The gun is good stock, but is a decent starting point for some nice custom work if you take it to AllenM or churchmouse to have it loved on ;)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Local shop has one. I have handled it several times. Lightweight, nice balance. Slide to frame fit is sloppy. Trigger is servicable but sloppy. I would pass on that particular gun but maybe another example of the same model would be better.

Top Bottom