• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    Bought a new Ruger American pistol (45acp) yesterday. Brought it home field stripped, cleaned, and lubed for shooting today. I looked over the pieces that I removed as a field strip, but could not for the life of me find the serial number. Has anybody completely disassembled this pistol and found the location of the number. Maybe it was right in front of me, but I couldn't find it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It actually on the fire control group.

ruger-american-sites.jpg

This part is considered the firearm.
    ruger-american-assembly.jpg

So you could remove the FCG and put it into different frames/grip pods (whatever Ruger will call them) and change the slide/ barrels to fit your needs. Sig does this with the 320 (I think) series.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    It actually on the fire control group.

This part is considered the firearm.
    ruger-american-assembly.jpg

So you could remove the FCG and put it into different frames/grip pods (whatever Ruger will call them) and change the slide/ barrels to fit your needs. Sig does this with the 320 (I think) series.

yes the sig 250 and 320's both do this, but I can tell you first hand you don't want to take out the fcg of the ruger!

I stripped one down to the fcg and the silver spring(trigger return spring) above the trigger popped out, I did find it and put it back together, 4 times before I finally figured out how it went back in the right way!!!!!!

and no the parts diagram in the manual didn't help! if this is your reason for buying the ruger American (stripping it down to the fcg) I can highly recommend you buy the sig 320!,don't get me wrong, I am a sig fanboy, but I like rugers I still own my ruger p-85 that I bought in early 89 (its a pre p89 p series), and the sr9 is one of the first pistols I recommend to people, but I steer people clear of the "American" because of the incident with the trigger return spring.

in fact, the owner of the shop I work at says when its gone, he wont stock it anymore, but he will order it for anybody that want's one.

Top Bottom