Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I made fun of the Walther PPX because it reminded me of a hipoint. But the gun handles and shoots good! The Creed appears to have PPQ styling and PPS sights. Guessing a steet price under $350. Might be worth looking at. There is a definate need for reliable guidance an in the $300-$400 price range as this is where new gun buyers seem to flock.

I am a big Walther P99, PPS, PPQ fan. Other Walthers not so much. Maybe this one will change my mind.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I made fun of the Walther PPX because it reminded me of a hipoint. But the gun handles and shoots good! The Creed appears to have PPQ styling and PPS sights. Guessing a steet price under $350. Might be worth looking at. There is a definate need for reliable guidance an in the $300-$400 price range as this is where new gun buyers seem to flock.

I am a big Walther P99, PPS, PPQ fan. Other Walthers not so much. Maybe this one will change my mind.

"PPX" is German for "HiPoint."

When Rural Kings sells Creeds for $250 or less, I might give them a go. They use the same mags as the PPX (which were $20 at CDNN).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "PPX" is German for "HiPoint."

When Rural Kings sells Creeds for $250 or less, I might give them a go. They use the same mags as the PPX (which were $20 at CDNN).

I won that PPX at the Friends of NRA dinner on your advice! Your advice!

And now . . . the truth comes out. I have a Hochpunkt . . . *kicks Felsen*

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I wonder if these are made by Umerex licensed by Walther just like the PPX was. Or am I thinking of the CCP?

Umerex owns Walther so all of the guns are made by Umerex and stamped with the Walther name. Marketing, marketing, marketing. That said Walther's duty pistols (P99, PPQ, PPS) are all pretty high quality guns. I am less then impressed with the P22, PK380 & CCP. Potmetal and plastic engineered to meet a price point.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I won that PPX at the Friends of NRA dinner on your advice! Your advice!

And now . . . the truth comes out. I have a Hochpunkt . . . *kicks Felsen*

Hah! Have you shot it yet? It's surprisingly easy to put bullets where you want them to go. I shoot a PPX accurately far more easily than I do a Glock.

autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    Me too. I bought a PPX to shoot IDPA to prevent holster wear on 'better' guns and it turns out I shoot it better than its 'betters'.
    '

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Have been shooting the snot out of my free PPX. I want to hate this pistol, but I cannot.

It runs like a sewing machine and is nice and flat and thus easy to crank the grip down on.

Have shot over 2,500 rounds through it without cleaning. I have lubed it only (I use Singer sewing machine oil).

Nephews shot it over Christmas and it does well with teens.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Have been shooting the snot out of my free PPX. I want to hate this pistol, but I cannot.

It runs like a sewing machine and is nice and flat and thus easy to crank the grip down on.

Have shot over 2,500 rounds through it without cleaning. I have lubed it only (I use Singer sewing machine oil).

Nephews shot it over Christmas and it does well with teens.

The PPX will never get the respect it deserves. Very reliable and a nice trigger (much better than a Glock). It's easy to shoot and put the bullet where you want them. Plus mags are Glock cheap.

I fondled a Creed at Indy Arms Co today. It was very similar to the PPX (naturally), but a but less top heavy. For the bargain priced self-loaders, I think the PPX/Creed are the pick of the litter.

Top Bottom