• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I have identical Walther CCPs. The other day at the range, she was having problems with her gun failing to eject. The first thing I did was trade guns and magazines with her. I did not trade ammunition. She was shooting 115gr American Eagle and I was shooting 115gr Bobcat Armament. She continued to have FTE problems with my gun. I had no issues with her gun. Both guns probably had two range sessions before this without being cleaned. Looking back at this, I should have kept the same ammo with the gun to rule out the ammo.
    Both guns have now been thoroughly cleaned and are ready for our next range session.
    What procedures would you use to isolate the problem? I really don't want to blame the shooter if it is something else.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    It could be as the recoil springs get worked her wrist strength will be less of an effect on cycling. Help her with using her muscles to tighten her wrists and maybe her grip and keep shooting the gun.

Anyone who's owned a Kahr can tell you they are super strong out of the box, maybe your Walthers are similar.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Get her a gun that will funtction even when limp wristing, most women and a lot of metrosexuals don't have the strength for some types of semi autos, my wife and daughter both carry revolvers.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    It's getting late and I didn't get much sleep last night, so just to clarify, you exchanged guns but not ammo? So you shot Bobcat in both and she shot American Eagle in both? If that is the case then YOU need to shoot American Eagle in both and that will help to confirm whether it's ammo or shooter.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    My wife has problems with many semi-autos FTF/FTE. most of them also recoil harder than she'd like (including my CCP). She's about 100lb with low strength. I have no problems but I'm 275 and have spent time as both a rigger and a mechanic.

No, the CCP does not have stiff springs...pretty much ever. That's the whole point of it: lower power recoil spring with the gas piston to absorb most of the force.

Like many guns, my CCP performs noticeably better with hotter ammo. I've even tried limp-wristing my hotter loads and it does better than a firm wrist and light loads.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Get her a gun that will funtction even when limp wristing, most women and a lot of metrosexuals don't have the strength for some types of semi autos, my wife and daughter both carry revolvers.

The Walther CCP is ideal for people without a lot of strength because it's gas operated and felt recoil is reduced. The recoil spring is wimpy (because it can be), so cycling the slide by hand is almost trivially easy compared other similarly sized 9mm pistols.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    Having owned a CCP the problem is most likely limp wristing. The CCP is very light and despite the plunger recoil system still has significant recoil in smaller hands.

Top Bottom