• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I've been really busy this year with work, and I've lost touch with what is out there. Here is the situation... A friend has offered to by my River LCP for a fair price. I've never really liked the gun, but it filled a need. It's not fun to shoot, and it's my only .380. The sights are terrible, though it's not meant to be a target pistol, maybe a tiny bit more of a sight would be nice. I bought it when they first came out, so I've had it for a while. What I like about it is that I can easily grab it in the holster and put it in my pocket if I have to run out for milk or other quick errands, and I don't feel like changing pants or putting on a belt. Yep, it's my "I just got home from work and I need to be a bit lazy gun"

I own a SW Shield in 9mm that is my daily carry in the summer. I typically go with one of my larger 9mm or .45's in the winter. I would love to replace the LCP with a 9mm so that I don't have to stock .380 any more. But for it to make sense, it needs to be smaller and more "pocketable" than my shield.

If there are no 9mm options, I've thought about the SW body guard. I like a lighter weight gun for this use, so a revolver is not really what I am looking for. Is there anything else out there that anyone would recommend?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I like my ruger lc9s. Small, lightweight, good trigger feel(at least to me) and fairly inexpensive. I shoot well with mine and like you its great to grab and go when you're running a quick errand and dont want to have to dress for the gun. Fits perfect in a coat pocket this time of year

lstout

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 16, 2016
    NW Indy
    Sometimes I carry a keltek .32 it easily fits in your pocket but it's not a great firearm. And it isn't very accurate at more than 10 feet. But it serves a purpose. My normal daily carry is a shield like you but I'm thinking of going bigger instead of smaller.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but I would think that Shield would be just fine on its own.
    It's small, much easier to shoot comfortably and accurately than the LCP, and it's in a far more capable caliber.
    Not to mention that the ammo is much cheaper and a bit easier to get.
    Why reinvent the wheel?

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    The newly released LCP ll looks like a winner for .380. I have loved my LC9s, right up until the extractor flew out of it last week. Ruger is sending it back to me with a new slide, and hopefully my Truglo sights that were on the old slide. I'm trying to decide whether to keep it, or move to a Shield, or possibly a 9mm Honor Guard. The Honor Guard from Honor Defense looks like a very well made pistol. It's 100% USA made and assembled by veterans. I haven't see many negatives in the reviews and videos.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    I like my ruger lc9s. Small, lightweight, good trigger feel(at least to me) and fairly inexpensive. I shoot well with mine and like you its great to grab and go when you're running a quick errand and dont want to have to dress for the gun. Fits perfect in a coat pocket this time of year

This! I have a LC9s Pro and have found it be extremely reliable and accurate.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    This^^^^, CM9, PM9, CW9.......
    If your considering a 380, CW380, CT380, or a Colt Pocketlite would be excellent.

Yes, Kahr does have an array of very pocketable choices. I've got a CW380 [a bit smaller than an LCP and a much better shooter with real sights], a CW9 [a great shooter but a bit too much for comfortable pocket carry, IMHO] and also a PM40. The PM40 is a great pocket gun but can be a handful if you're not used to .40 cal.

P.S. These are for sale and will soon be posted in the classifieds.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but I would think that Shield would be just fine on its own.
    It's small, much easier to shoot comfortably and accurately than the LCP, and it's in a far more capable caliber.
    Not to mention that the ammo is much cheaper and a bit easier to get.
    Why reinvent the wheel?

Old Pink has the answer. Shield, Wlather PPS, Glock 43 are all fine guns and not at all difficult to carry. Might be a little big for a pocket though.

Local Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2016
    Indy Southside
    I have the LC9s Pro, and with a pocket holster, it's only good with large pocketed cargo shorts/pants. Would be fine in a coat pocket or tucked in waistband with Desantis textured holster.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Possibly look at Khar's offerings, they have some very small 9mm guns.

+1 The PM9/CM9 offering is incredibly small, thin, lightweight, and with an exceptional tigger. Albeit a very different trigger, but excellent in its own right. And way mor accurate than a tiny gun should be. I would really suggest checking it out.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    To answer the question about the shield... My shield is great for inside the waist band. It is slightly too large to put in my pocket comfortably.

Also, I stopped by my local gun store yesterday and ordered a Sig 938. I think that will be the best fit for what I am looking for, and I have only heard good reviews.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom