• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iceman7668

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Finally had a chance to get out and shoot my new gun Wednesday night, a PPQ M2 with a 4" barrel. I am really happy with this one. Has a really nice trigger and the shortest reset I have ever felt. I know I have just started shooting pistols a couple years ago, but this is a good one.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I have three PPQ's 9,40,45 they all feel the same and shoot the same. All are accurate and great to shoot.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I love mine. I also have a PPQ22 that's threaded. The grand kids love shooting it suppressed. When they get a bit older they'll get to shoot the 9mm.
    Dan

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My PPQ M2 story: I was carrying a G17, but heard so much about the PPQ that I decided to buy one (also bought one in .22 with threaded barrel for suppressor). I loved the PPQ. I loved everything about it. Loved the feel in my hand. Loved the factory trigger. I shot it very well. *But* - when I would shoot it back to back with my G17 I still shot the Glock better and I still carry the Glock today. However, I've used my two PPQ's to get two non-shooters started and one of them loved the PPQ so much it is what he bought and now carries. I get mine out sometimes and take to the range as a fun alternative to my normal carry guns.

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    Question. I've noticed the .40 version used is easy to find in shops for around 400. I saw YouTube videos and the damn thing looked like they had a bit of recoil in .40. Thoughts? I saw .40 Ammo for 18.59 a hundred at bass pro so I was thinking of getting a .40 again.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I have the 9mm, 40, and 45 the 9 and 45 are greater shooters the 40 is a little snappy but still a very good gun. I think Walter make a very good firearm for the money you have to pay for it. If you close your eyes and grab on of these pistols except for the wt. you can't tell the difference. I am more than happy with the three I have. The 45 can ring steel at 100 yds.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Question. I've noticed the .40 version used is easy to find in shops for around 400. I saw YouTube videos and the damn thing looked like they had a bit of recoil in .40. Thoughts? I saw .40 Ammo for 18.59 a hundred at bass pro so I was thinking of getting a .40 again.

I have fired the .40 P99 and 9mm PPQ side by side on a digital timer. Split times were less then 1/10th second difference. That is with a slightly different trigger and my achey carpal tunnel fingers. Yes there is a noticeable difference between 9mm and .40. But if you want a .40 then buy a .40.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I've had my PPQ M2 5" for almost 2 years now, and absolutely love it! Being a lifelong gun owner and having owned most of the popular brands and models over the years, I can say that the PPQ is an evolutionary advancement over many of the polymer wonders on the market. I've owned many Poly's like Glocks, M&P's, XD's, Rugers and others, but the PPQ stands out as having every good aspect of all the other brand/models but none of the bad.

I might have to jump on the new CZ P10 bandwagon to see if it can unseat the PPQ, poly-crown king, and if it does I will even send my PPQ to the poly museum. Until then, the PPQ is still the reigning king of poly's. As I have shown, I am not brand loyal. If I find something that fits me better and allows me to shoot better, I'll always dump what I have and move to the new platform. This may be the only time that I believe in evolution.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I love pretty much everything about the PPQ M2 . . . except for the fact that when I used a 2-handed grip (as in almost all the time), my support hand pushes the mag release enough to drop the magazine. UGH.

Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    I currently have the PPQ M1 version, I am very impressed by the out of the box trigger on this pistol. That sweet smooth crisp clean brake followed up by that short quick reset., it's Awesome. I also like the M1 over the M2 is mine has the mag release on the trigger housing. This makes mag changes quick an clean. Great shooter straight out of box, reading these post makes me want to head out to the range.

Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I've had my PPQ M2 5" for almost 2 years now, and absolutely love it! Being a lifelong gun owner and having owned most of the popular brands and models over the years, I can say that the PPQ is an evolutionary advancement over many of the polymer wonders on the market. I've owned many Poly's like Glocks, M&P's, XD's, Rugers and others, but the PPQ stands out as having every good aspect of all the other brand/models but none of the bad.

I might have to jump on the new CZ P10 bandwagon to see if it can unseat the PPQ, poly-crown king, and if it does I will even send my PPQ to the poly museum. Until then, the PPQ is still the reigning king of poly's. As I have shown, I am not brand loyal. If I find something that fits me better and allows me to shoot better, I'll always dump what I have and move to the new platform. This may be the only time that I believe in evolution.

Gorgeous firearm! I love the PPQ! It's definitely on my list to pick up! I shoot so well with it! That thing drives tacks!

blakeelee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Brownsburg

that is a good lookin PPQ

Top Bottom