Should I part with my Beretta collection?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    So, I got on a beretta kick about a year ago and I have now owned several berettas since :) I have cut down my collection to my favorite six, but I hate safe queens and I do not shoot or carry these....I'm wondering if it is worth the time and money to part with them or should I hold on to them for a little while...here is what I have...

wilson combat 92g tactical
    wilson combat 92g compact
    beretta 92fs vertec
    beratta 92fs reverse two tone
    beretta 92fs brigadier (stainless)
    beretta 92a1 compact (stainless)

i have exclusively been shooting glocks and am really in the hunt for the colored frames and I am also wanting to replace the Tavors I traded a year ago....any thoughts?

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I think you should only keep 5... and make me a deal on one of the 92fs LOL. Been looking for awhile now and always miss the deals

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wish I had a dollar for everyone I know or knew who said they hate safe queens and then later regret selling or otherwise getting rid of one of them. :)

As a Beretta 92 lover myself, I have to say you have a really nice variety of the nicer of the Series 92s.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just like you I had periods of time that I had tried different brands, got rid of a particular brand and move on to the next one and from my experience I have lost a lot of money. Unless is fully necessary I would not sell them, I'm same like you what I have I take to the range. My firearms will be well maintained but they will signs of use.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Sounds like a nice collection. It's a shame they have to share the same box with the glocks. If you have gone exclusively to glock, set the Berettas free.

Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Sounds like a nice collection. It's a shame they have to share the same box with the glocks. If you have gone exclusively to glock, set the Berettas free.
    This is totally off topic, but you absolutely have the best avatar pic I've seen! Well Played sir! Well Played!

But to keep this post a little on the topic, I personally would find it hard to part with a Beretta collection that nice. I LOVE the 92FS. One of my favorites to shoot. It is definitely on my list to add to my collection.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Why not just shoot them? There are few guns that deserve to go unshot and none of your qualify. You built a nice collection, so why send it off for someone else to enjoy? Make it your goal to put 1000 rounds through each of them by this time next year. If, after that, you find that there are some that you love and some that you don't, then thin the herd a bit and let the ones that did not click with you go.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    The rule I use is, I will sell the things I can easily get again later and always keep the ones that are hard to get and ones that I know will go up in significantly in price. I'd keep the Wilsons because if they could probably go up in value or Willson may stop doing them at some time. The others would be easier to buy again at a later time if you miss them. But I'm not a Beretta expert, you will know more, do your research and watch the prices and keep the keepers.

Top Bottom