• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Perhaps this would make them happier??????

polish3_zps5d640b79.jpg

MH

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    "Not everyone has $525 to make a purchase like that" LOL. Now I'm starting to understand why they think anyone with more than 8 guns is a super gun owner

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is the part I liked:

The gun, as designed, can hold 17-round magazines — two more than the Glock 19. But the NYPD had the manufacturer customize the Glock 17s to carry only 15 rounds so it would be consistent with the interchangeable Glock 19 magazine.

Some idiot actually paid Glock money to put a mag block in so they could use the new mags in the Glock 19s? Holy cow, stupid runs deep in NY!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Most of us pay for larger capacity mags yet they pay to get "customized" lower capacity mags?

That's odd.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Some idiot actually paid Glock money to put a mag block in so they could use the new mags in the Glock 19s? Holy cow, stupid runs deep in NY!

Especially when G17 17rd mags work just fine in the G19. Ha!

Most of us pay for larger capacity mags yet they pay to get "customized" lower capacity mags?

That's odd.
    It's the only way the city council would approve the purchase. They did not want to give them guns that were "more deadly" than the ones they already had. Insanity.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's the only way the city council would approve the purchase. They did not want to give them guns that were "more deadly" than the ones they already had. Insanity.

Kinda makes you want to go give your superiors a hug, dont it? I cant imagine working under the morons that are NYPD brass.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Also, why $525 for an officer to buy one? IIRC a G17/19 with night sights is around $450 on the blue label price list. I'd imagine an agency as large as NYPD would get a break on pricing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wonder why they introduced the G17 at all. If they were going to spend the additional money to modify the mags down to 15 rounds, why bother doing anything different than the G19. Is it because the look more imposing maybe?

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Also, why $525 for an officer to buy one? IIRC a G17/19 with night sights is around $450 on the blue label price list. I'd imagine an agency as large as NYPD would get a break on pricing.

More like a price increase for administrative processing, import tax, mob tax, union tax, some of the money has to go for some dirtbag polititions reelection campaign

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    NYC would be a horrible place to be a cop, I cant imagine doing the job under the circumstances they face everyday with a non pro law enformcent mayor and a restrictive department.

No department should be limiting magazine capacity on a cops gun even if its just 2 rounds, thats ridiculous. If I worked there Id be looking for the soonest viable out I could and moving to Indiana where for the most part its LEO friendly. :patriot:

The way I see it,

What if I am that beat cop walking my beat on foot, and an active shooter starts sending rounds towards some school children down the block

from where I am at.

I am on a foot patrol (still happens in NYC) so I dont have a car with a rifle in it, or at least one thats near by and all I have is my g17 and I

have to engage Mr. Bad guy with my sidearm,( which regardless of what hes using is a disadvantage, like a fellow LEO once said "If you are in a

gunfight with a handgun it was either because it happened suddenly or you came uprepared"

anyway...

We start shooting at each other... that 2 rounds could be the difference between a dead dirt bag and mine and your kids life.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've read stories of LAPD cops having extra mags with them all the time and in their patrol cars vs NYPD being more neutered in their weapons and training. It's sad to see the NYPD, the founding city of where American law enforcement began has become so...crappy and the completely opposite of Teddy Roosevelt's vision of police, especially when it comes to weapons. Teddy specifically designed his police department to have sufficient weapons and proper training. I can see him shake his head at this bull****

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This is the police department that banned Kahr pistols as off-duty or back-up guns because Kahr couldn't or wouldn't make the trigger pull inordinately heavy. The NYPD wanted the extra-heavy trigger pull because that's was the their solution to unintentional discharges.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've actually tried the trigger pull of this gun only in dry fire and it was unbelievable on how bad this is. How can you get good shots with this type of trigger? Do they do that to the long guns ESU are issued?

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

I could see the logic behind not wanting someone to grab a 15-rounder thinking they have 17 rounds, counting shots, and being confused when it only goes bang 15 times. Here's a better idea, pay attention. oh wait, that's like common-sense: it's anything but.

Don't want to admit they get a discount and feed the flames of the conspiracy of the gun companies getting more death-machines in the hands of killers (cops) or some such mumbo jumbo.

Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    "Not everyone has $525 to make a purchase like that" LOL. Now I'm starting to understand why they think anyone with more than 8 guns is a super gun owner

But everyone has $200 for the new J's and $400 for the new Xbox and $150 for the new COD platinum package...

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    This is the police department that banned Kahr pistols as off-duty or back-up guns because Kahr couldn't or wouldn't make the trigger pull inordinately heavy. The NYPD wanted the extra-heavy trigger pull because that's was the their solution to unintentional discharges.
    Maybe this explains their 20% hit ratio? I used to think it was just poor training

Top Bottom