Anyone had good/bad experiences with Magpul mags for Glocks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I haven't had a problem yet, but I bought a couple just to have. I've been trying ETS Group mags and they seemed to be pretty reliable and tough. Just remember, older Glock mags were once all plastic without the metal sleeve inside them and they worked fine

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have the model 17 version and they work flawlessly in my 17 and 19 as well as my 9mm AR. IMHO they are GTG.
    Dan

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't know if it was the ammo or the mag, but I had a failure to feed on a Wolf steel-cased 115gr FMJ round out of a Magpul G19 mag in a very new/clean Gen 4 G19.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Couple of issues, not nearly as many as with ETS. Had fail to hold open, double feed, and a few that the feed lips didn't survive a 4' for drop on concrete

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    I have 2. Haven't had any issues. I would not use them for carry or HD though, only for target/competition. I don't like how thick the baseplate is and they're a little harder to load than factory mags, I think because of the polymer. They aren't bad for the money, but I still prefer factory mags.

TKDMaster10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    Avon, IN
    Never had a single problem with mine. Its so reliable that I'm comfortable using it as one of my spare mags when i'm working armed security.

blakeelee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Brownsburg
    Factory mags will almost always be the best. The gun with only be as reliable as the magazine. And gun manufacturers want their guns to be reliable so people will buy them.

JamesV

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    The Region
    Great timing as I was thinking of picking a few up. Even if they get banished to the range only bag cause of issues. Since it sounds like it can be hit or miss with them.

Top Bottom