• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Decided against the Springfield LW Operator-Now the decision is between the Operator loaded and the TRP with partial rail. Is the TRP really worth the extra? Have never fired a TRP, not sure about the bull barrel. Looking at the Combat Operator also. Like the clean aspect and tool steel.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I personally did not get the TRP due to its overly aggressive 20LPI front strap checkering, that being said after all the work I have had done to the pistol its basically a TRP on steroids. I like the new Operator better than the railed TRP because the new MC Operator has the front strap checkered and it has a bushing barrel as opposed to the Bull Barrel of the TRP (I prefer bushing barrels personally). The only thing the MC is missing currently is a single sided safety and a mag-well IMHO great guns probably my favorite Springfield offering.

1911 MC Operator® .45ACP Pistols | Stainless Steel Handguns

eFtYTDVh.jpg

My worked over MC Operator

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I personally did not get the TRP due to its overly aggressive 20LPI front strap checkering, that being said after all the work I have had done to the pistol its basically a TRP on steroids. I like the new Operator better than the railed TRP because the new MC Operator has the front strap checkered and it has a bushing barrel as opposed to the Bull Barrel of the TRP (I prefer bushing barrels personally). The only thing the MC is missing currently is a single sided safety and a mag-well IMHO great guns probably my favorite Springfield offering.

1911 MC Operator® .45ACP Pistols | Stainless Steel Handguns

eFtYTDVh.jpg

My worked over MC Operator

I don't know how anyone could be anti-1911 when they come as beautiful as this one. For some reason, that one just seems to capture a pefect blend pure purpose and form.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have owned them all at one time.
    The TRP is a serious out of the box piece fr the price point.
    Have one in the safe.
    Have a loaded sitting next to it. Neither are operators but the one on the night stand is.
    Not a fan of the LW operator for some reason. Not even sure why.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Finally got to go out and shoot this. WOW! The accuracy is amazing for out of the box. Thanks for all the posts that helped steer me this direction.:)

Top Bottom