Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

S&W M&P Generation 2 pistols (M2.0)

BREAKING: New S&W M&P M2.0 Pistol Drops At Academy - The Firearm Blog

I am very interested in the next generation M&P. I like everything about this one, except the thumb safety, which I'm sure is optional.
    I especially like that the beavertail is gone. Makes for a much cleaner looking design. I always thought the beavertail looked goofy.
    Looks like the same grip texture as the new Shield 45, and the story says 4 backstraps instead of 3. Also a new trigger.

Make mine a .40!

meh
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

What's with the holes above the rail? That's right where I try and put my weak side thumb.

Looks to be a QR code and serial number plate location.

Quote Originally Posted by dudley0 View Post
    What's with the holes above the rail? That's right where I try and put my weak side thumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

Looking at the pics in the article it shows the same on both sides. There is not a shown serial number so maybe you are right.

I have seen people stipple that area for a better thumb grip. That might cause problems for them.

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by dudley0 View Post
    At one point rumor was that the new M&P 2.0 was to be a modular gun, and that it had full (or almost full) length slide rails. The change in serial number location COULD be because of internal changes that MAY mean the gun has some modularity a la P320. There is also a new cross pin on the top of the slide behind the breach, and the pins in the frame appear to be solid pins instead of roll pins. Hard to tell from the picture on that count though. Obviously the slide release is new. The thumb safety is supposed to be new as well, but it looks the same to me. I give it two thumbs up. My only worry is how much that new cross pin is going to affect milling the slide for a red dot :/

Sharpshooter
    Already showing up out in the distributor network. Not a bad price. Still interested to see if they upgrade the compact model.

Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Pistols for Sale | Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore

Interested when they release an M&P 9c in 2.0. I'll have to check out one of the full size ones to see what the trigger is like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    I only run when I absolutely have to.

I've been hesitant to buy a full size 9mm because I dislike the trigger so much on my 9c but I do like how it holds and aims. I'll have to pay attention to this 2.0 to see if I'll have to upgrade its trigger as well or maybe I'll just go for a p320 or even the new CZ p-10.
    Shut up and color!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    I've been hesitant to buy a full size 9mm because I dislike the trigger so much on my 9c but I do like how it holds and aims. I'll have to pay attention to this 2.0 to see if I'll have to upgrade its trigger as well or maybe I'll just go for a p320 or even the new CZ p-10.
    Apex parts; just put a new apex sear in my shield last week and I can't stop dry firing it! It's still not a "perfect" trigger, but it's %100 better than stock. Lost like 2lbs of trigger pull and it's much smoother. Not bad for $40.

I do hope the trigger is much improved though, that was the only thing I really didn't care for in the MP line.

I kill threads, IDK how... I just do.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast