• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville
    Got to shoot my 45 shield today and I love it...I also have the 9 shield ..but the 45 is like a hot rod...Love the grip and the feel of the gun.

Wondering how the 40 shoots now...Might be time for one more..Merry Xmas everyone !!

Xenokilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Got to shoot my 45 shield today and I love it...I also have the 9 shield ..but the 45 is like a hot rod...Love the grip and the feel of the gun.

Wondering how the 40 shoots now...Might be time for one more..Merry Xmas everyone !!

The 9 shield is on my list. i have the full size mp 40 now as my carry but i'd like something smaller.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I keep trying to come up with a reason not to buy one. I guess I'm waiting for the Performance Center ported version since I was an early adopter on the shield 9mm and got hosed in that regard.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Being a 9mm guy, I am probably biased, but I really like my Shield in 9mm. I think the 45 would be cool to shoot though!

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I have 2 in 9mm with trijicons and apex triggers and they are some of my favorite guns. I like them better than the G43 and I love glocks. I just think the shield is a better firearm at that particular size than the Glock.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I have 2 in 9mm with trijicons and apex triggers and they are some of my favorite guns. I like them better than the G43 and I love glocks. I just think the shield is a better firearm at that particular size than the Glock.

Agreed. Sold off my 43 for a 9mm shield. Put they apex duty kit in it and it's a sweet shooter. All of my other guns are glocks but the 43 just didn't do it for me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'd like to pick up a Shield 45 soon. Can't really justify spending the money, as I frequently carry my Shield 9, which is an awesome little pistol. I occasionally carry an M&P 45 compact, but it would be nice to have a .45 just a little lighter and smaller. Anybody have both a 9 and 45 Shield, and can give an idea on the recoil difference? I once had a Kahr CW45 that was surprisingly pleasant to shoot, but I also had an XDs 45 that was a tad uncomfortable.

indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville
    I'd like to pick up a Shield 45 soon. Can't really justify spending the money, as I frequently carry my Shield 9, which is an awesome little pistol. I occasionally carry an M&P 45 compact, but it would be nice to have a .45 just a little lighter and smaller. Anybody have both a 9 and 45 Shield, and can give an idea on the recoil difference? I once had a Kahr CW45 that was surprisingly pleasant to shoot, but I also had an XDs 45 that was a tad uncomfortable.
    The recoil is not bad..Its that first shot that brings it into reality...lol....The grip on the 45 really helps.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood

I chose the shield over the G43 as well
    I have hated S&W autos forever, but when my wife wanted a carry gun, I let her choose and she picked the shield, I started handling it and ended up liking it so much I bought one for myself, I put Talon tape on both and just love the gun, now considering a M&P full size or compact as well.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I chose the shield over the G43 as well
    I have hated S&W autos forever, but when my wife wanted a carry gun, I let her choose and she picked the shield, I started handling it and ended up liking it so much I bought one for myself, I put Talon tape on both and just love the gun, now considering a M&P full size or compact as well.
    The compact is really sweet,Apex trigger with night sights awesome carry piece!psyko

Top Bottom