• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Hey, so in the continuing saga of being a broke college student looking to become a decent handgunner(though I graduate this spring), I am now flush with some cash from Christmas and I have been looking at CZs, though what I was wondering what do you guys think of the Turkish CZ clones? Notably the Canik 55 and c120.

Or is there a way to get a used CZ-75 at 500 or under?

Something like this is what I would be thinking of getting
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...tic-9mm-47-barrel-17-round-capacity?a=1809039

I mean are the turkish guns reliable? Do they run steel? Take CZ magazines? Essentially I want a full size steel DA/SA gun with a low bore axis to shoot USPSA/Threegun/IDPA and service as a back-up home defense and occasional car gun and will probably put 300 rounds a month through it so the round count is going to be decently high and I want something that will last at least 10,000 rounds

Last edited:

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Hahahah I would be on that but I need to offload my current FEG hi power, I mean it was a decent gun but the sights sorta suck and it put me in USPSA limited

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have a T-120. It is well made and reliable. If you want a steel frame you should look at the Tristar S-120, steel frame CZ 75 clone. The T-120 is an alloy (I assume this means aluminum) frame, 30oz. The Canik/Tristar grip is larger than a CZ. The SA trigger is pretty nice but DA is very stiff. I just target shoot and don't use the DA, but you should try out the DA trigger before buying if you will be using DA.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Surplus cz75s float around and can be obtained for around $375. Find your local century arms dealer, they have several surplus cz75s in stock

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Then again, he may not. ;)

I believe OP already had decided what he wanted to do. He was looking for support, not opinions.

No I havent decided anything, I have yet to even post an ad for my FEG and my cash is locked in the safe, hahahaha being broke instead of some middle aged dude with stupid disposable income I actually research and think about what I buy

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Lol

A CZ would be nice, though I am also in the market for a MKIII surplus hi power or a FM-90 Argentine gun, as I really like the Hi-power as well though the older tiny military style sights that resemble those of the tokarev suck for anything but shooting leisurely groups at 25 yards off the benchrest

I know they had Israeli Mk IIIs on AIM surplus but they are sold out, are they floating around anywhere else? I don't care if they are rough on the outside as long as the locking lugs are in good shape and the rifling is good (though really unless you let it sit with corrosive ammo can you shoot out a 9mm barrel before the gun gives out), and it has the modern 3 dot style sights, as I will probably just get the gun cerakoted flat black.

Also anyone ever have any issues with the Jericho 941? If I can find a late 90s steel frame one and they work, I will get one if only because of Cowboy Bebop and Im a closet weeb

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I shoot my CZ 75 pre B with tiny older military style sights just fine. Fast shooter and little bit of orange paint on the front picks up fast. You pointed out the biggest thing the CZ design has going for it in your first post, the slide in frame design....

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    ...... Notably the Canik 55 and c120....

I mean are the turkish guns reliable? Do they run steel? ....... Essentially I want a full size steel DA/SA gun with a low bore axis to shoot USPSA/Threegun/IDPA and service as a back-up home defense and occasional car gun and will probably put 300 rounds a month through it so the round count is going to be decently high and I want something that will last at least 10,000 rounds

My Turkish Canik TP9V2 is very reliable. Never ran steel rounds through it though. Has DA/SA. Quite a few rounds downrange at this point. ( I know this one is more of a "Walther" clone than a CZ )
    Have you looked at the EAA or Tanfoglios? I don't know a lot about them but I think low bore axis is a feature of them.

Last edited:

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    My Turkish Canik TP9V2 is very reliable. Never ran steel rounds through it though. Has DA/SA. Quite a few rounds downrange at this point. ( I know this one is more of a "Walther" clone than a CZ )
    Have you looked at the EAA or Tanfoglios? I don't know a lot about them but I think low bore axis is a feature of them.

I have looked at them before and they seem decent, only thing is can you find parts for them and do they run 100% with steel as that is what I shoot mostly for USPSA.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I recently grabbed up a SAR B6 for right around $265. I wasn't expecting too much, really just looking for a non expensive full size plinker to run. I couldn't have been more impressed. Ran without any failures of any kind and I was holding 4-5" groups at about 25 yards pretty easily. No idea on durability yet but online reviews seemed very good. I'm in Bloomington, so there could be an opportunity for you to shoot it maybe.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    I recently grabbed up a SAR B6 for right around $265. I wasn't expecting too much, really just looking for a non expensive full size plinker to run. I couldn't have been more impressed. Ran without any failures of any kind and I was holding 4-5" groups at about 25 yards pretty easily. No idea on durability yet but online reviews seemed very good. I'm in Bloomington, so there could be an opportunity for you to shoot it maybe.

Interesting, I might take you up on that.

Though does it run steel? Have you done long strings of fire with it and shot 200+ rounds? I am looking for a gun for USPSA and home defense. IDK I prefersteel guns myself just for shooting characteristics and pride of ownership but I will check it out

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I have looked at them before and they seem decent, only thing is can you find parts for them and do they run 100% with steel as that is what I shoot mostly for USPSA.
    Parts may be an issue for you depending on what you mean. I know what sights fit the V2. I know that Beretta M9 mags fit if you are willing to mill/file a new slot for the mag release catch. Magwell? you're on your own there. I seem to recall that Glock holsters will work. There is a site, Canik TP9SA/SF/TP9V2 Series Aftermarket parts/accessory compatibility thread. - Page 2 - AR15.COM that is related to the weapon.
    My gut tells me it would run steel but I have not used any.

Top Bottom