• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Anyone have one of these or have the chance to shoot one, trying to find a nice cheap 1911 style gun in 9mm for a general beater and plinker, haven't seen one in person that I'm aware of, know for certain I haven't shot one LGS knows nothing about them.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    last 1911 I had I piece together from an 80% frame and parts from the net. Looking at that now seems like it would add up to an easy $500 or so.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    You can find some "shooters" used for less than that... check the classifieds on this forum and others. It may not be a 9mm, but it will be a 1911 that you can get the feel of. And the .45 round is manageable in a full size 1911.

Also dont overlook a CZ 75 or even a SW 5906...

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I have a Star Super B, although not a 1911 it is similar in design also to the Browning Hi Power. I have 1911 and a Hi Power and still have room to shoot and enjoy my Star B for what it is. I do not carry it but enjoy shooting it when I want the 'feel' without the expense of .45ACP. I purchased a surplus pistol from J&G a couple years ago and have enjoyed ownership.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Unless you're hellbent on having the same gun that Samuel L. Jackson carried in Pulp Fiction, there's just no logical reason to go on the cheap with a Star B.
    Get a proper 1911, which can indeed be gotten in 9mm, or get one of the scores of excellent other handguns out there.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have a great pair of Star PD's in 45ACP and a dandy Star BKM in 9mm, great guns but like has been said, parts are hard to come by but I haven't needed any so far.

You might look for a new Rock Island 1911 in 9mm. I got one for less than $400 or you may find one used for even less. They're great guns.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I once owned the largest Spanish Firearm collection in the country outside of museums. Really

STAR made a very nice handgun back in the day, they lost something for a while there near the end though. Current stuff is not known since I had to sell my collection to pay medical bills. Parts were never a problem for me at least as I had a few contacts in Spain who were glad to send me what I needed.

I guess I will always have a soft spot for the older Spanish guns, they were a love of mine and always will be.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I owned a Star BM, in 9mm. Same pistol as flightsimmer's BKM, except a steel frame, IIRC.
    It was indeed a dandy little pistol. Solid, accurate, easy to carry.
    Magazines were hard to find and ran about $35 a pop.
    I did modify some $10 P38 mags for range use.

Top Bottom