• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Hi just wanted to pass along a find. I just bought several p228/229 mags from topgunsupply.com Nickle plated 15 rounder for 25 bucks each, plain steel a couple of bucks cheaper. Shipping was 9.95 for the entire order. The price seemed way low to me. Now can anyone give me a heads up on xd mags?

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Another Greg Cote fan here. I've bought 90% of my mags from him (M&P, Glock, CZ, Sig, etc). I've ordered from him on a Saturday and had mags by Tuesday!

autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    I'm another happy Greg Cote fan for magazines. He found some Kimber high capacity mags for an old double stack which Kimber only offered for a short time period. Have you checked with him on xd mags. Good luck.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I recently purchased 20 rdn Mec gar mags for my 226 Legion sao for $25.00 each with free shipping, I have put around 600 rds through my 226 without a single malfunction. The material and the finish of the magazines are top notch.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Mec-gar makes Sig factory mags. So they are essentially factory mags without the branding. Ran about 300 rds through my p226 with mecgar 18 rd mags with zero issues. Better than the 15rd factory mags.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Mec-gar makes Sig factory mags. So they are essentially factory mags without the branding. Ran about 300 rds through my p226 with mecgar 18 rd mags with zero issues. Better than the 15rd factory mags.

Unfortunately Sig no longer use Mec gar mags as oem, my 226 tacops didn't have them and came across some feedback that this type of magazines had trouble locking the slide on empty.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Are these Sig brand magazines?

Almost seems to good to be true, anyone have any issues with function?

They are not Sig branded. Mec-Gar makes factory mags for a whole lot of gun manufacturers, including Sig I believe. While you won't see their name on it, the mags that came with your gun are probably Mec-Gar. They are definitely good to go.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville

Unfortunately Sig no longer use Mec gar mags as oem, my 226 tacops didn't have them and came across some feedback that this type of magazines had trouble locking the slide on empty.

Haha, they beat me to the OEM comment. Guess I should read the second page before I post!

Top Bottom