Love the one your with...or not (a cautionary tale)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    This past summer, I got a hankering for a new pistol. I have been rediscovering my love the the .45 ACP in the past year, so I started looking around. I quickly fixed my sights on the FNX-45 Tactical. So cool , so sexy. 15+1 capacity, milled for red dot, threaded barrel, suppressor height sights. What's not to love?

The $1200 price tag. That's what not to love. My desire faded into reality. I have a perfectly good Glock 21SF that is pretty much stock, sitting in my stable. Maybe I could love the one I was already with and trick out my G21SF to emulate the FNX-45T.

So...I set off on the path. Purchased a Zev drop in trigger, a Lone Wolf Threaded Barrel, Trijicon Suppressor Height Night Sights, TLR-3 pistol light, Talon Grip granulated stick-on grips, +2 base pads. Still not enough.

Dropped the slide off to Zach at ZRTS. He did a slide modification...slide cuts, front serrations, milled it for a RMR and did a sick battle-worn cerekote job. I finally got it all back and installed. BAM. My wanna be FNX-45 Tactical. I had scratched my itch.

But then...a funny thing happened. The FNX-45 T still had my eye. Could not shake it. Kept looking...but but but...I had a tricked out G21SF that was just as good!

But as the year ended and I had a bit of extra cash to by myself something nice for the holidays....

I couldn't resist....damn you gunbroker.com

So....love the one your with. Or not...

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The FNX45T is the sweetest shooting pistol I own. The only issue I've had is wanting to buy another one to go with it.

Your G21 looks awesome by the way, but I'm glad you were able to get the FN.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    How much did all the pimpage on the 21 cost you?

I ask cause I've debated about this several times. All the time, energy, and cost to retrofit an existing pistol vs just buying a new one, at what time is it worth just getting a second gun (I realized, always)

The FNX Tactical is bad ass. Love mine as well

I just wish the bag was a little larger, more mag space, maybe even long enough to hold the pistol with a can attached

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    The pimpage breakdown:

Zev Tech Trigger = $160
    Trijicon Suppressor Night Sights = $135
    ZRTS Slide Work = $350
    Lone Wolf Threaded Barrel = $130
    +2 base plate x2 = $15
    Talon Grips = $18

TOTAL Pimpage Bill = $808

I think I paid $450 for the G21SF used form an INGO member. Without the RMR and TLR-3, that puts me all in around $1,258 for the G21SF. Pretty close to the cost of a new FNX-45T. But I picked up my FNX on gunbroker.com slightly used (very slightly) for $880 + $25 shipping and $20 transfer....so I am only all in on the FNX about $925

Top Bottom