Is the Sig P250 line getting discontinued in 2017?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fuzzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Since the CZ Rami BD is so damn hard to find, I started to consider the Sig P250 subcompact. Its dao, but has a very nice trigger (checked out one in 40 cal) and holds 12+1 in 9mm. Trouble is that these seem to be as elusive as the Rami!

The sig web site currently only shows a .22 cal and no other models in the P250 line, so I was wondering if the P250 is getting shelved in 2017.

Does anyone have any info on this?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The P320 has a much nice trigger though it is striker fired rather than hammer like the 250.'
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was discontinued at all.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I guess I will keep an eye out for some sales then if true. I believe the SIG 250 and 220 series with a DAK or DAO makes SIG the only major player that still makes a DAO hammer fired handgun in current manufacturer. There might be one or two others with an available model here or there but SIG is the last.

Because no one is buying them. I personally )as a revolver guy) feel the 250 is one of the best DAO guns ever and is way too under rated.

I know getting some parts for Beretta 92D's are getting hard and for Ruger P series for those left are impossible since Ruger isn't supporting anything there.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    The P320 has a much nice trigger though it is striker fired rather than hammer like the 250.'
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was discontinued at all.

Last night at Point blank I took my 320. I had a stovepipe and last round the slide didn't lock. Was a bit disappointed for shooting under 100 rounds through it.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    not sure where your located but ACME Sports in Seymour has some really clean police trade in P250s with all the box 3 mags night sites in both 40 and 9mm for $369

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    The Sig 320 has a MUCH nicer trigger but it is lighter without a safety. The DAK triggers are decent on the 226 and 229s as well again if you dont mind 40cal and a police trade in they are available cheap.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Frees up production for the much more popular 320 and helps "streamline" their products I think axing the 250 is a smart move as I don't think it ever actually sold well. Wasn't the DAO Autoloader idea based on police departments not trusting their officers with single action or something anyways? Never quite understood the idea I would hate having that long double action pull every single time.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Frees up production for the much more popular 320 and helps "streamline" their products I think axing the 250 is a smart move as I don't think it ever actually sold well. Wasn't the DAO Autoloader idea based on police departments not trusting their officers with single action or something anyways? Never quite understood the idea I would hate having that long double action pull every single time.

Sort of, I believe Miami Florida had a accidental shoot back in the early 80's by an officer with his Revolver er thumb cocked during an arrest (remember 70's and 80's wasn't all that uncommon) department rendered all revolvers DAO. Then they wanted autos and S&W sort of laughed and said we can't do that then in 1987 GG lock was adopted and in 88-89 Smith came out with DAO 3rd gen autos.

As a LE trainer with an agency that issued Beretta and Ruger DAO guns and carried revolvers early in my career I will say there is nothing wrong with a DAO design. However coming there is a learning curve with it. Just like in the revolver PPC days you had to learn the trigger. You c
    Didn't have Apex triggers to drop in etc. You learned how to shoot or you were a bad marksman.

I will say the DAO design is more forgiving of bad gun handling g especially when holstering g thand a striker fired gun but a DAO (with a hammer is what I am referring to) doesn't eleminate it.

The thought that under stress someone won't inadvertently shoot a round off with a heavy trigger is proven not to really work. I saw a Mo tana trooper shoot herself in the leg with a first gen 3rd gen S&W 5903 which she had her finger I. As she drew and was hit in the shoulder with a 30-30 round so I give her a pass. She stayed in the fight and killed the perp

My point is DAO's are a learned system that are safe and apable if one wants to learn I read of fix it with an after market slap on part.

But the SIG 250 was a pretty nice DAO with one of the lightest DaO triggers.

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    The P250 is being discontinued and replaced with the P320 striker fire. However, the P250 for the price was always a good option. Acme Sports, Inc. in Seymour has some Police Trade ins of the P250. The number is 812-522-4008

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Regretted selling mine, just bought another new 9mm compact with contrast sights. New ones are almost completely dried up.

Gonna put a green Lima5 under it and dry-fire the hell out of it until I have that trigger down pat. Gonna also get the .22 (which I also had, and regretted selling) for cheap practice and fun. 14+1 magazine upgrade kits are available for them now.

The P320 is “the thing” now, but I’ll take the P250 for carrying. Never liked reholstering a striker gun; I’d AIWB this if I ever lose the gut.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom