Im sure its been beat to death but LEGION worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    I already have a 226 Legion SAO, debating on grabbing a 229 legion. Realistically the gimmicky marketing crap makes me not want the legion. Also i dont love the grey color. However i can buy a legion for 200 bucks more than a base 229 without the srt trigger so.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    no opinons? i love the Legion 226 i have but looking for something to carry on occassion. The 226 is to damn big and heavy. The 229 would better fit the bill just wandering if i should get the legion or a standard 229, or maybe a m11-a1? How does the Legion grey hold up to carry?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The P226 isn't too heavy to carry with the right belt and holster. I've carried it, or the P220, for years. I also own P229s, and honestly there's not a ton of difference in how easy/hard they are to carry.

As to your question, that's really up to you. It's not worth it to me. I don't care for the x-ray sights, I'm not a huge fan of long extractors, the finish doesn't do anything for me, and the DA/SA isn't as nice as my Sig Custom Shop worked trigger. I'm not into SAO, so can't help you there. The biggest draw to the Legion for me is the smaller slide lock control, and you can buy those separate now. I would rather by a short extractor Nitron and customize it to my own specs since I'm going to swap sights and send it to the Custom Shop anyway.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    whats it run to have the trigger done by the custom shop? id think to conceal a 226 is a pretty good challenge?

https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

$180 for the action enhancement package. They sometimes run sales, check around father's day and veteran's day.

I've not had a ton of issue concealing a P226, but I suppose that's dependent on size and style of dress. I use a Bladetech IWB and a good belt.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    any advice p229 vs m11-a1 im new to the sig world but have caught the bug. Looked at a P320 to, really like the trigger but i guess call me old school for my age i love an all metal gun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    any advice p229 vs m11-a1 im new to the sig world but have caught the bug. Looked at a P320 to, really like the trigger but i guess call me old school for my age i love an all metal gun.

Not really. I prefer the short extractor Sigs, although that's largely a matter of cosmetics and a more proven design. People I trust who've tested the long extractors have said there's no real difference in longevity or reliability, so if it matters or not is largely personal.

Go to Sig's website and they'll show you all the current production models. It boils down to if you want a beaver tail or not, what sights you want, what grips, etc. Or you can just buy a Nitron and customize it to how you like. You can also get some pretty good deal on CPO Sigs, the "Certified pre-owned". Particularly if you want a .40, there are some smoking good deals out there right now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think the Legion series is worth it, if you like the differences they have on those models. I think the SAO trigger, the Xray sights, the grips and the undercut trigger guard are well worth the difference over other P226 models, so I'm quite happy with mine :yesway:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am looking to pick one up at my LGS the first week of February sometime (bonus check). At this point looking at the 9mm SAO model, but, and I hope I am not derailing this thread too much, (but since BBI is talking about alternatives...), there is a used DA/SA Tacops 9mm at the shop that looks pretty decent for about $700. I don't think it has the fiber optic front sight like the ones on the Sig site, and it does not have the threaded barrel. How would you compare the Tacops to the Legion?

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    I own the Legion SAO its got a good trigger for what it is. But it isnt a 1911 trigger. Im stuck with the same debate i know i can pickup a brand new P229 for 825 or a legion for 1100. Makes it tough to choose the legion. I get some of the work done to its pricey, just not sure i want all that for a carry gun. PLus i actaully prefer the black finish wish the legions were black.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm enjoying it so far. Have 6 110s at the moment, and a handful of 100s.

The world quest system adds some needed variety. The class hall and artifact questlines are a lot of fun for people that enjoy lore.

Geography gets a bit stale after a few go-rounds, but there's usually something hidden to find to freshen it up a bit.

Raids have been alright so far, with another one being added in a couple weeks.

:D

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I own the Legion SAO its got a good trigger for what it is. But it isnt a 1911 trigger. Im stuck with the same debate i know i can pickup a brand new P229 for 825 or a legion for 1100. Makes it tough to choose the legion. I get some of the work done to its pricey, just not sure i want all that for a carry gun. PLus i actaully prefer the black finish wish the legions were black.

I was in the same situation. I ended up buying a P229 CPO for ~$550, having an SRT trigger kit installed, buying and installing a set of Xray sights and getting some new Hogue grips to replace the stock grips. Didn't end up with a Legion, but I like the results for ~$850 or so total:

P229%20G10%20Grips_zpspymrnpkd.jpg

Doesn't look like a huge upgrade, but it sure feels a lot different. I'll probably end up sending it to Sig for an Action Enhancement Package at some point as well. With the Legion:

P226%20P229_zpsbtwy5paf.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

The world quest system adds some needed variety. The class hall and artifact questlines are a lot of fun for people that enjoy lore.

Geography gets a bit stale after a few go-rounds, but there's usually something hidden to find to freshen it up a bit.

Ah, wrong thread :dunno:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County

Ah, wrong thread :dunno:
    I used to walk to work, now I take my lunch. :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am looking to pick one up at my LGS the first week of February sometime (bonus check). At this point looking at the 9mm SAO model, but, and I hope I am not derailing this thread too much, (but since BBI is talking about alternatives...), there is a used DA/SA Tacops 9mm at the shop that looks pretty decent for about $700. I don't think it has the fiber optic front sight like the ones on the Sig site, and it does not have the threaded barrel. How would you compare the Tacops to the Legion?

Tac Ops has the longer grips and should come with 4 extended magazines. It will have a full beaver tail and a short reset trigger. It should have the fiber optic front sight unless someone swapped it.

Top Bottom