• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    They appear at first glance to be the same gun, one with a rail one without. Im sure there is much im messing ive only recently joined the Sig cult. I think ive read someplace the M11-A1 ships with the SRT trigger in it? No Rail, maybe one has a steel one an alloy frame? Looking for something easier to carry than a 226 legion.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Very similar guns. The M11 has a SRT trigger, phosphate internals, and no rails. I personally love my M11 and it is the best shooting of my SIGs. However, I do want to test this soon by picking up another 226 but the 226 legion.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I carried a SIG 228 for duty for over 10 years. The 228 is basically a M 11 (no rail and that's what the Army and AF OSI adopted back in the he day)

One might argue a subtle difference or two but that's basically it. They are great guns and similar in size to a Glock 19. The newer SIG 229 I believe all have rails and a milled slide where the older 228 did not.

Great guns and worked flawlessly but then again it's a SIG!

Good Luck

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    For the new M11A1 vs the 229, the M11 is a 229 without a rail and a different trigger (they both have the SRT though, well, most 229s do anyway)

Had a M11 for a couple years, liked it a lot, shot well, but sold it to get a 229 Enhanced Elite, I wanted a pistol with a rail, and I liked the 1911ish beavertail

The older 228s/M11s were a different story though

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    the m11a1 also has sig light night sights, and I don't believe the standard 229 has them

the m11 also comes in fde cerakote, and it looks good (mine is fde) now in addition to the srt it also has phosphate coated internals, to keep it from rusting in salt water conditions (I don't plan on going deep sea fishing with my m11 so that's not a big deal) but I have heard people complain about the phosphate saying that it makes the trigger gritty, but I don't notice.

as I said in your other post about legions, carry your legion, if you notice that it bothers you, get a 229...and yes, spring the extra 200.00 and get the legion, with the bruce gray trigger parts, its worth it!

but in all honesty the 1 inch bbl and grip frame shouldn't make a difference in fact according to the sig sauer website, the 229 weighs 34.4 ounces, and the 226 only weighs 34 ounces so your 226 is lighter by .4 ounces and since they both hold 15, loaded mag weight wont factor into things

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    the m11a1 also has sig light night sights, and I don't believe the standard 229 has them

You can get Siglights on a Nitron (base model). You can also get the short reset trigger. E2 grips are standard on the current long extractor models, but there are still "legacy" grips in the supply chain if you want the old style screw on grips.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    im shocked people seem to be pushing me from the sig in my other thread of what to look for. Ive always thought they built an amazing gun. Maybe not the flashiest thing but rock solid and they seem to hold value or even appreciate have i missed something?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    im shocked people seem to be pushing me from the sig in my other thread of what to look for. Ive always thought they built an amazing gun. Maybe not the flashiest thing but rock solid and they seem to hold value or even appreciate have i missed something?

Everybody has their pet gun and will recommend it regardless. However you said "somewhat unique" in the other post. There's nothing unique about the Legion, SAS, Nitron, etc. Sigs. They are all mass produced and easy to find and purchase for anyone with the cash. If you want to show up for show and tell with a gun you can be pretty sure no one else was going to have, you're not going to get that in a 9mm Sig until you get into the X5 guns...which is north of $3k starting price. That's why I said the Wilson Combat 92s. Way fewer of them out there than Sigs.

Here you want something easier to carry, and for a carry gun being a hipster with a unique gun is less important than performance. In the end, you need to make up your mind what's really important to you and then buy whatever meets that criteria.

Top Bottom