• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyguy5150

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    East Indy
    If not left handed or extremely big or small handed, I would not pay the extra price. I have more than three gen 4 glocks of different sizes and calibers and other than being able to change the grip panels, I personally do not feel a difference in recoil reduction when shooting 9mm and 380 as advertised. Reliability is awesome in my experience with both generations.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    The Gen 4 is more bang for your buck, IMHO. It gives you an extra mag, an extended mag release, a dual recoil spring, and interchangeable backstraps to help it fit your hand better. If you are gonna have just one, get the Gen 4.
    That said, I like the Gen 3 better and is my EDC. The Gen 4 would pinch my hand between the mag and front strap while firing, the Gen 3 does not. :dunno: Dunno why.
    Some ranges have both Gen's for rent, so I would shoot both if possible. As usual, YMMV.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I chose the Gen 3 because on the Gen 4 I would occasionally accidentally hit the mag release. The Gen 3 mag release is small enough I think it works better for the small frame of the 26. I'd recommend the Gen 3 then add the Vickers mag release if you want a little easier to reach mag release without causing an inadvertent mag change

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I chose the Gen 3 because on the Gen 4 I would occasionally accidentally hit the mag release. The Gen 3 mag release is small enough I think it works better for the small frame of the 26. I'd recommend the Gen 3 then add the Vickers mag release if you want a little easier to reach mag release without causing an inadvertent mag change

I have also experienced that the Gen 4 mag release will release while I'm shooting, with the way my hands grip the gun. Very disconcerting.

I vote for Gen 3, because I also like the fact you can tailor the length / amount of protrusion of the mag release by substituting the corresponding part from a different model Glock. They are interchangeable, but there are different lengths to account for the different frame widths. It is a cheap part, and you can buy a whole set of them and swap them out until you get it just right. On this particular point, I wish every gun was like that. For example, you can put the .45 one in a 9mm gun, and get an extended mag release for a couple bucks.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The Gen 4 is more bang for your buck, IMHO. It gives you an extra mag, an extended mag release, a dual recoil spring, and interchangeable backstraps to help it fit your hand better. If you are gonna have just one, get the Gen 4.
    That said, I like the Gen 3 better and is my EDC. The Gen 4 would pinch my hand between the mag and front strap while firing, the Gen 3 does not. :dunno: Dunno why.
    Some ranges have both Gen's for rent, so I would shoot both if possible. As usual, YMMV.

The 26/27's already have a dual recoil spring, regardless of gen.

Also, on the Gen 4, I prefer to swap to the Vicker's mag release. Nice and rounded.

On a full size (17 or 22) or a compact (19 or 23), I'd definitely say go Gen 4 (I own both). On the 26, I'm not sure. I own a gen 3 in the 26, but would definitely want to handle a Gen 4, and would be leaning that way unless I came across something I did not like in the Gen 4 in the subcompact.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have also experienced that the Gen 4 mag release will release while I'm shooting, with the way my hands grip the gun. Very disconcerting.

I vote for Gen 3, because I also like the fact you can tailor the length / amount of protrusion of the mag release by substituting the corresponding part from a different model Glock. They are interchangeable, but there are different lengths to account for the different frame widths. It is a cheap part, and you can buy a whole set of them and swap them out until you get it just right. On this particular point, I wish every gun was like that. For example, you can put the .45 one in a 9mm gun, and get an extended mag release for a couple bucks.

You should check out the Vickers mag releases. They make them for both Gen 3 and 4. I have them in both. I really like the ones for the Gen 4 guns.

I even have one in my 43.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Im not a pistol guro. I never could get accustom to wearing 2 shirts, and the gen 4 texturing rubs me raw. I carried one for the first time last week, and am right back to my 3rd gen.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Im not a pistol guro. I never could get accustom to wearing 2 shirts, and the gen 4 texturing rubs me raw. I carried one for the first time last week, and am right back to my 3rd gen.

That is a consideration. I carry in a hybrid IWB with a combat cut and don't have any issues, but depending on how you carry and holster type, a Gen 4 could potentially grate on you a bit.

Top Bottom