Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

OR

I don't have the Shield 45, but will probably pick one up soon. The second pic is one of my EDC pistols, an M&P 45c. It holds 8+1 and weighs 33.7 ounces fully loaded with 9 rounds of Federal 230 grain HST .45 +P rounds. An empty Springer Loaded weighs 40 ounces. You are talking well over 1/2 lb weight difference between the 45c and a Springer Loaded when loaded with 8+1, and the 45c has the option of standard 10 round M&P 45 mags for carry or backup. Mine has been absolutely reliable, and is very comfortable and a natural pointer with a similar grip angle to a 1911. It is easy to conceal, has a lot of aftermarket sight options, and can be had with or without a thumb safety. It is one of my favorite pistols.
    Last edited by Route 45; 01-09-2017 at 17:43.

It's one round short, but how about the Kahr CW 45?

Do not buy a Kahr. I'd honestly rather carry a Taurus, and that's saying something. You know that other thread here on INGO that asks "Glock 43, does it get any better?" With my experience, I could start a thread titled "Kahr pistols, does it get any worse?" Honestly, I'd rather drive a 1990's Chrysler product AND carry a Taurus than to rely on a Kahr to protect me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Amishman44 View Post
    Too bad you're not in consideration of a Glock because I'd highly recommend my Glock 36...it's a 6+1 pistol that is incredibly accurate, light-to-carry, easy-to-conceal, .45 acp pistol...I've jumped around in the EDC market for several years but it's been my EDC since I got it in 2013...it just 'fits'...and I love it!
    That's how I feel about 1911's. Nothing ever feels as good in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by derrickgoins View Post
    Springfield XD series, EAA Witness, or M&P 45c.
    ^ This
    NRA Instructor/Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Plinker
    P320 Sig compact - If the 45 version shoots anything like the 9mm it would be an awesome choice.

Given your fondness of 1911 I would look at the Shield or Springfield XDs in .45. They will point about the same as a 1911 and both have either a grip or thumb safety. Plus they are slim. Otherwise just carry the 1911s.

You might consider a Ruger LW Commander. But you will have to up the budget to about $700.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post
    Do not buy a Kahr. I'd honestly rather carry a Taurus, and that's saying something. You know that other thread here on INGO that asks "Glock 43, does it get any better?" With my experience, I could start a thread titled "Kahr pistols, does it get any worse?" Honestly, I'd rather drive a 1990's Chrysler product AND carry a Taurus than to rely on a Kahr to protect me.
    The only problem I've ever had with a Kahr is one where the rear sight fell out, literally as I was inspecting it on the way home. The dealer swapped the slide for another and took the issue up with Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    The only problem I've ever had with a Kahr is one where the rear sight fell out, literally as I was inspecting it on the way home. The dealer swapped the slide for another and took the issue up with Kahr.
    Buy a lottery ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post
    Buy a lottery ticket.
    Actually, I just bought a new K9, so we'll see how it goes. I won't pull any punches here if Kahr is dropping the ball--I paid almost $700 and for that, I expect excellence. This will be the subject of another thread, though...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast