• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    A few months back I came across this gun and took the general idea and put together a gun base on the same concept.

Here's an article showing the "official" build- The Roland Special Glock 19 - Guns & Ammo

My parts list:

Gen4 G19
    Slide Work was done by Jagerwerks- Breacher cut with top window, RMR cut, chamfer w/ serrations, Graphite Black Cerakote
    Zev Pro Magwell
    Overwatch Precision DAT Trigger with 3.5# Connector
    Tango Down Vickers Mag Release
    Texas Black Rifle Co. Glock Micro Comp
    Surefire X300U-B
    Trijicon RMR RM-07
    Ameriglo Suppressor Sights

I've put about 500 rounds through it so far and it runs great with cheap 115gn ammo. Definitely my favorite handgun to shoot. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of the of the parts I used on this build.

[video=youtube;DnPt0xOOXws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnPt0xOOXws[/video]

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Lotta work...looks great! Looks like it runs nice too!

Q: Did you set that up to be your EDC...or for more of a home protection pistol?

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Nice looking Glock!

What holster is that? Looks very similar to the GCODE model I have for my XDM.

Thanks. That's the Trex Arms Ragnarok. Great holster.
    Lotta work...looks great! Looks like it runs nice too!

Q: Did you set that up to be your EDC...or for more of a home protection pistol?
    I have carried it here and there, but it was more of a "because I can" build.:):

J Starkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Kokomo
    Did you have to change your recoil spring or did the factory work? I have been thinking about adding one of those compensators or the efk fire dragon to my Gen 4 19. Here's mine. 20161105_152831.jpg

tspence

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2017
    Fort Wayne
    That's an absolutely fantastic build. I like the comp, but certainly it doesn't do anything other than add weight and cool looks to the end of the pistol, correct?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That's an absolutely fantastic build. I like the comp, but certainly it doesn't do anything other than add weight and cool looks to the end of the pistol, correct?

the competitors / gamers who use them on their "open" guns don't just have them on there to add weight and look neat. They do work.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

the competitors / gamers who use them on their "open" guns don't just have them on there to add weight and look neat. They do work.
    As Tactically Fat said it's not just for looks. There's a noticeable difference in muzzle rise with the comp.
    Nice sci-fi space blaster. How much did you invest in this on top of the gun? Weight difference?
    About $1600 on top of the gun itself. I'll have to put it on a scale when I get home from work.

ETA: 1lb. 10oz. compared to my stock G19 at 1lb. 5oz.

Last edited:

tspence

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2017
    Fort Wayne
    As Tactically Fat said it's not just for looks. There's a noticeable difference in muzzle rise with the comp.

About $1600 on top of the gun itself. I'll have to put it on a scale when I get home from work.

ETA: 1lb. 10oz. compared to my stock G19 at 1lb. 5oz.

I didn't know the 9mm generated enough muzzle blast to make the comp functional from the gases and not just from the weight (I knew rifle level cartridges do, and ARs with proper muzzle brakes make a huge difference over the A2 flash hider). That's seriously cool, I'll have to put this on the buy list!

Top Bottom