• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a chance to pick up a Taurus model 445T 5-shot titanium .44spl with a ported 2" barrel at 90% for $300.
    I have other Taurus revolvers. I know this won't be a S&W or Ruger, but $300?
    What say Ingo?

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Sounds like a solid deal to me for a big bore revolver. Ive never had a bad Taurus revolver. They arent my thing personally but it doesnt sound like a deal you will lose money on either way.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Completed gunbroker sales look like $350-$375. Not my kind of gun, but if it floats your boat seems like a good chance to get in at a decent price.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Looks like a winner to me. I'm not into 5 shooters, but I'd take this deal. If you don't like it, flip it for a profit. There's bound to be SOMEBODY on here who would buy it off of you.

mototc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    For that price, I say deal. I've heard a few dealers complain of having to return Taurus revolvers for timing issues. Do you know the age? Taurus has a search engine on their website where you can enter the serial # and it will tell you the year of manufacture. IMO the older the better.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, here she is, or a reasonable facsimile thereof,

TOTAL TITANIUM MODEL 445 .44 SPL. REVOLVER IN BRIGHT SPECTRUM BLUE

$300 out the door.
    No box or manual, but who cares!
    Now the only problem is ammo availability and price. I ran all over town today and all I could find was some 240gr LRN Remingtons at Gander Mountain, but they wanted $45 p/50 rounds.

I have around 50 once-fired cases that went through the Marlin 1894, and I have a bunch of 240gr LSWC, so I guess I'll be rolling my own until I can find a better deal.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    For that price, I say deal. I've heard a few dealers complain of having to return Taurus revolvers for timing issues. Do you know the age? Taurus has a search engine on their website where you can enter the serial # and it will tell you the year of manufacture. IMO the older the better.

Year of production 2002

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've got a model 85 Titanium .38 spcl Taurus snubby that's ported, and I love it. Nice shooting little thing and it weighs almost nothing in the holster.

The only thing I don't like about a .44 spcl anything is feeding it. Personally, I like the .44 mag just because you've got so many more choices of what to run through it.

BUT, at that price? Shyaw!!

Top Bottom