• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a chance to pick up a Taurus model 445T 5-shot titanium .44spl with a ported 2" barrel at 90% for $300.
    I have other Taurus revolvers. I know this won't be a S&W or Ruger, but $300?
    What say Ingo?

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Sounds like a solid deal to me for a big bore revolver. Ive never had a bad Taurus revolver. They arent my thing personally but it doesnt sound like a deal you will lose money on either way.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Completed gunbroker sales look like $350-$375. Not my kind of gun, but if it floats your boat seems like a good chance to get in at a decent price.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Looks like a winner to me. I'm not into 5 shooters, but I'd take this deal. If you don't like it, flip it for a profit. There's bound to be SOMEBODY on here who would buy it off of you.

mototc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    For that price, I say deal. I've heard a few dealers complain of having to return Taurus revolvers for timing issues. Do you know the age? Taurus has a search engine on their website where you can enter the serial # and it will tell you the year of manufacture. IMO the older the better.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, here she is, or a reasonable facsimile thereof,

TOTAL TITANIUM MODEL 445 .44 SPL. REVOLVER IN BRIGHT SPECTRUM BLUE

$300 out the door.
    No box or manual, but who cares!
    Now the only problem is ammo availability and price. I ran all over town today and all I could find was some 240gr LRN Remingtons at Gander Mountain, but they wanted $45 p/50 rounds.

I have around 50 once-fired cases that went through the Marlin 1894, and I have a bunch of 240gr LSWC, so I guess I'll be rolling my own until I can find a better deal.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    For that price, I say deal. I've heard a few dealers complain of having to return Taurus revolvers for timing issues. Do you know the age? Taurus has a search engine on their website where you can enter the serial # and it will tell you the year of manufacture. IMO the older the better.

Year of production 2002

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've got a model 85 Titanium .38 spcl Taurus snubby that's ported, and I love it. Nice shooting little thing and it weighs almost nothing in the holster.

The only thing I don't like about a .44 spcl anything is feeding it. Personally, I like the .44 mag just because you've got so many more choices of what to run through it.

BUT, at that price? Shyaw!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tmixon
    Top Bottom