• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twinsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    I aquired an HK USP .45. I've heard a lot of good thing about these guns. So I thought I'd try it one. I've gone back and forth on it but decided to put a couple hundred rounds through it this coming week. Mine came with a number of upgrades listed here (and I should say the trigger is fantastic):

• HK OEM LEM Match Trigger w/ adjustable stop
    • HK OEM Threaded barrel
    • HK OEM Tactical guide rod assembly
    • Henie high profile strait eight trijicon night sights
    • Pro-mag 20rnd magazine
    • Sigtac OWB paddle holster
    • Original Barrel, guide rod assembly, and 3 dot sights.

So my questions, what do people use these for? carry? Range toy only? competition? Night stand gun?

Any advise or lessons learned that I should know going into this?

If is not my cup of tea, what could I reasonably sell this setup for?

View attachment 52445
    View attachment 52446 View attachment 52447

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    It's your gun do what you want with it. Hell buy a Milt Sparks holster for it and carry it. Would make a fantastic suppressor host.

Twinsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Yes, i am hoping the suppressor laws are relaxed a bit. if i decide to keep this it will likely get one.
    Of course i will do what i want with it, right now trying to decide... what I want to do with it. Turning to the experts on INGO to help me see the potentials that lay before me.
    I wont buy a milt sparks though.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I would only use a USP as a "stash gun", where it would be put somewhere longterm loaded up and always read for action (i.e. nightstand role, garage gun, bathroom gun). There are many "better" modern firearms to choose from for "carry guns" (i.e. lighter, more compact, higher capacity). HK's USP line is very utilitarian and is comprised of an extremely reliable design, but there are simply better options on the market today. Yours could probably fill more roles given the trigger upgrade, good sights, and threaded barrel. As for its value, I'm not exactly sure but standard USP full sizes go for $400ish.

*Disclaimer: I own a HK45c

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Also if I had a USP 45 I would definetly re-enact the alleyway scene from collateral just saying

[video=youtube;fEZeb5lKPkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEZeb5lKPkk&t=106s[/video]

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That is a brutal scene. It would be fun to do a pistol class that went through scenarios like that

Fantastic movie too if you have not seen it, some of the best movie gun play I have ever seen (the accountant has good gunplay also)

I recreated this scenario at my private range it's an interesting technique. Cruise did it in a whopping 1.36 seconds my best time was only 1.53 seconds with a P229 to simulate that DA/SA of the USP.

And I agree a "movie scenario" class would be fun just for kicks and giggles

Twinsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    If cruises .45 had any recoil his time wouldnt be so good.

Now back to the meat of this thread. any more HK afficianados out there?

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've got a USP45, Hk45T, and a VP9. Fantastic pistols. All mine are range guns. The USP45 is a tank. Size of one too. HD would be good role for it. Buy factory mags for it. It seems fairly light for it's size. They run like a hammer and shoot like sex. Extremely accurate 45

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I like the idea of a stash gun. Also, eek. that seems really low estimate for something that was $850 new on buds gun.
    All HK's(except VP9's) possess high MSRP's, but deals can be easily had these days due to the age of the USP line. I am not trying to insult you in anyway, but the estimate I provided you was based on my real world experiences - I was offered a good conditioned USP45 a couple years ago for $350(without box&paperwork) but turned it down due to me already owning the HK45c. Happy shooting

Twinsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    You are not insulting you just arent answering my question. I am sure dumpung a usp for real cheap happens. but my question wasnt "whats the cheapest unloading of a usp 45 you've seen?"

I am asking the reasonable value range of my USP as it stands.

I am seeing hk usp .45 compact and full size going for 550 to 700 and tactical versions going as high as 900 on INGO. My guess is if i wanted to sell I could readonably get 600 to 650 for it as it was not originally a tactical but upgraded to the equivilent.

Anyone else? Am I in the ball park?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I like mine and it makes a great suppressor host.

2B9F64FE-630E-4287-8890-2D247ECA4718_zps3aivhncv.jpg

Top Bottom