• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Eyeballing another 9mm, love my CZ clone, but thinking of dipping a toe into the polymer world (other than a polymer 80% frame project I have).

Wanting either an M&P 2.0 5" 9mm (the CORE has also caught my eye but don't think they'll fit the Vortex reflex sights), or a Sig P320, preferrably the P320 RX that comes with the Sig reflex sight...

Pros and cons? I know the M&P has aftermarket support via APEX and a few others, but which is better out of the box? Will serve as a range gun more than a carry gun...

Without the reflex sight prices are close enough it's a non issue, both come in black or FDE... M&P had interchangeable backstraps, Sig has interchangeable everything else...

:dunno:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Personally I like the 320 better than the 2.0, I have the 320RX and it is a sweet set up especially for the street price of around $750. Apex does make a flat trigger for the 320 and I am guessing that a full action kit will be announced this week if the word on the street is true.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Personally I like the 320 better than the 2.0, I have the 320RX and it is a sweet set up especially for the street price of around $750. Apex does make a flat trigger for the 320 and I am guessing that a full action kit will be announced this week if the word on the street is true.

I haven't gotten my mitts on a 320 yet, might have to do some checking and find somewhere that has them both so I can handle them side by side. The 320RX does look like a great range gun ready to go out of the box...

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Have no experience with the S&W M&P 2.0. I do have with the P320 and just expanded my options picking up the subcompact kit. I have to say its good to go so far being impressed with both the trigger and accuracy. I'm skeptic about the plastic frame holds up like my Glock but we will see how it goes. I have three frame colors to chose from as well in OD green, FDE, or black. The frames only cost $40 to replace.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I don't have a P320 but the Sigs I do have are awesome!

I'm a SW fan but a "standard" 2.0 is probably inferior to the Sig as an out of the box range gun. Now, my S&W performance center 9L was ready to go out of the box. Very accurate, smooth running and a decent trigger that has gotten to be a good trigger. I put a Vortex red dot on it and am close, I think, to the P320RX price. Gun was about $700 at LGS and Vortex was about $200 (?) from A&A Optic.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Of the two, the P320. The 2.0 isn't a proven platform yet. I've already seen reports of QC issues, specifically the sear deactivation lever falling out. Scroll to the bottom of this: - Blog

Probably just a bad batch...but it's a risky proposition to buy any new firearms design before "the masses" have shaken it out these days. Pretty much everyone is using us as beta testers, and self-disassembly seems to be the hot new feature of the striker fired world.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I own two M&P Gen 1s and I hate the grip on the Gen 2. Absolutely hate it. Maybe it is okay for competitive shooting.

P320 all the way.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    So...I'm back from point blank in Carmel. The 2.0 performed very well. I was shooting to the right a bit so I'm not sure of it was sights or me. My guess I was pulling a bit since I'm a lefty. Anyways, the trigger was better than the 1st model, it was smooth but did have a little more take up than I would like but I was ok with it. I'm not real picky when it comes to triggers on a $500 gun and it being striker fired. 250 ish rounds and not one hiccup on Remington target. I will say that while I was in the range there was a discharge outside in the shop area. My wife said she heard a bang that sounded like a gun went off. There was a young adolescent standing at the front door as I was leaving and said something about an accidental discharge, I looked at my wife and I said nope, negligent discharge...

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Handled a mp2.0 today at the 1500. Feels absolutely tremendous in the hand. The trigger pull... was terrible at best. Long, gritty take up. The break wasnt too bad but definitely not as good as I was hoping. If the apex kit for the 2.0 is good, I would be in for a full size fde 9mm.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Handled a mp2.0 today at the 1500. Feels absolutely tremendous in the hand. The trigger pull... was terrible at best. Long, gritty take up. The break wasnt too bad but definitely not as good as I was hoping. If the apex kit for the 2.0 is good, I would be in for a full size fde 9mm.

I didn't get the gritty feel in my trigger. It was semi smooth, a bit long with a little more take up than I would like but again I'm no professional.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I didn't get the gritty feel in my trigger. It was semi smooth, a bit long with a little more take up than I would like but again I'm no professional.

I wanted to like it really really badly. I really
    Like the look and how it feels in the hand. That trigger pull on the other hand was just not good. Possible that they dont have the kinks on the 2.0 worked out yet and the triggers vary.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I wanted to like it really really badly. I really
    Like the look and how it feels in the hand. That trigger pull on the other hand was just not good. Possible that they dont have the kinks on the 2.0 worked out yet and the triggers vary.
    Its all just stamped metal. It's the quality control that needs work on S&W. I will be getting an apex trigger in it.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    went out back and put 150 rounds through my P320 subcompact. Replaced the factory trigger for the apex flat trigger and wow!!! Very nice!!! I put various loads through it today being Hornady, Federal, and Speer Golddots, without a hitch. In fact, the trigger broke so crisp and clean I dubbed it my favorite weapon to shoot. Then it was my Springfield Champion operator's turn... ugh.. after every pull, I had to wait for the metal spinner targets to stop spinning before i pulled the trigger again. More accurate than my P320.... My 1911 is way better looking too.... decisions, decisions...

Now what?.....

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I did just read a review from one of the popular gun magazines (I forget which one) that said the P320 has one of the best striker pistol triggers out of the box they've ever handled. Found a couple other places that commented on how good the trigger is on the P320, so looks like if I can scrape the cash when Uncle Sam gives me my dues back (i claim under through the year for a forced savings plan, lol) I'll be shopping around. I know the P320RX is out of stock at Davidsons (GunGenie)... It'd be nice to have the option (and a couple reviewers suspected it could happen) to offer the machined slide standalone so you could upgrade the non-RX models down the road... I'd be all over that, buy the plain model first and upgrade later...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom