• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My wife picked-up a Glock 43 yesterday while at the range..and the finickiest gun selector on the planet said she liked it! She liked the 'fit'...the size...the feel...the weight...the ease-of-use (controls)...etc.

I know this is a fairly recent model from Glock, following the design of the Glock 42 in .380 acp...but marginally larger to accommodate the 9mm round.

Anyone who has one, what're your thoughts...recommendations...options...any good holsters available...and which round/bullet do you think performs best in the shorter barrel...etc.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    I think it is a good choice if your looking for something that size. Glock is the king of size effinciancy IMO. I had one and had no failures of any kind over a few hundred rounds. I thought the trigger was a little stiff but not a deal breaker. I carry Federal HST's in every thing. I had a Desantis OWB holster that fit perfectly and a Galco ankle holster, both worked well enough. I no longer have it though simply because I prefer something else for carry, not because there was anything wrong with the 43.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Did she shoot it ok? I have a 42 and had occasional issues limp-wristing it at first, which I fixed. It will shoot anything but I carry it with self defense ammo. The combo of how easy it is to shoot plus the small size means I carry this more than anything else. Whatever style of holster she likes, they'll probably offer it for the 43.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Good for her, my wife wanted one too, so I got her one, after a few range trips, she liked it's lil brother the G-42 in .380 better though.

Last edited:

happysmitie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    crawfordsville
    yes , amish , have the 43 and like your wife i feel the same likes that she does ! after shooting and handling it so does my lady friend . she has a brand new one also in my safe till she obtains her carry license.
    most any of the brand name 115 grain hollow points would be a good bet for carry/home protection . just ordered some ammo from lucky gunner & i got a few rounds of the hornady 100 grain pink tip reduced recoil loads for her to try in her gun.
    my 43 will fit in a inside pocket holster with jeans or even cargo shorts in warm weather.

youngmanjr1970

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 6, 2016
    Franklin
    I'm not usually a Glock fan, but I picked up a 43. Stuck some rubberized Talon grips on it and some mag extensions and it is my carry right now. Took some practice to shoot something that small but I've gotten the hang of it after a few hundred rounds.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'm not usually a Glock fan, but I picked up a 43. Stuck some rubberized Talon grips on it and some mag extensions and it is my carry right now. Took some practice to shoot something that small but I've gotten the hang of it after a few hundred rounds.
    I have the 43 with rubber talon grips. I absolutely love this for a carry piece. I carry it iwb with a patriot kydex. I stick hornady criticals with a spare mag and a Taran tactical extension.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Some great responses here...greatly appreciated as well!

I picked-up a couple of boxes of Federal's HST's in 150 grain (for me) and will probably stick with some 115 or 124 grain JHP's for the wife.

She's never had any really shooting/handling issues (ex. limp-wristing, etc.)...her's is more along the lines of managing the recoil for f/u shots and maintaining accuracy after the 1st shot! She has an HK P2000SK, which she shoots very well, but we'll see how she does with the smaller Glock. I know that her main goal is to get a pistol that is very light-weight, easy to carry, can be thrown in a coat pocket or slid into a jeans pocket...and I think the G-43 will fit that bill quite well!

Oh...and did I mention that I liked it as well? No? Well, I do and I will probably pick one up to go along with hers! I have a feeling it will be a good summer-carry pistol that hides easily and performs well!

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon

I picked-up a couple of boxes of Federal's HST's in 150 grain (for me) and will probably stick with some 115 or 124 grain JHP's for the wife.

She's never had any really shooting/handling issues (ex. limp-wristing, etc.)...her's is more along the lines of managing the recoil for f/u shots and maintaining accuracy after the 1st shot! She has an HK P2000SK, which she shoots very well, but we'll see how she does with the smaller Glock. I know that her main goal is to get a pistol that is very light-weight, easy to carry, can be thrown in a coat pocket or slid into a jeans pocket...and I think the G-43 will fit that bill quite well!

Oh...and did I mention that I liked it as well? No? Well, I do and I will probably pick one up to go along with hers! I have a feeling it will be a good summer-carry pistol that hides easily and performs well!
    But never thrown into pockets without a holster type to guests against any discharges right?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

My 43 really likes the 147 grain HST's. Don't know about 150's, I have never seen those.

For me the 43 is too big for a pocket gun, but others use it that way.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I just purchased a 43 for EDC so I have some of the same questions as you. I'm mainly trying to decide on holster choice.

The wife and I both prefer OWB holsters...my preference has always been Bianchi #7, 3-slot, OWB holsters...they just fit + work for me just fine.

The wife likes DeSantis stuff...we'll have to figure out which one works best for her... she's said she wants to look around this time.... we're open to suggestions?

Top Bottom