• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    Sorta torn. I think i like the look of the CZ more, but the Beretta may be easier for a beginner to work on, and easier to find parts for? Looking to take a base gun, do the sights of my choice, refinish the frame and slide, grips, trigger job basically make it a unique gun that only i have. Either could be a great base i think but does one stand out above the other as easier to work on, find parts for, etc?

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    There are several sights and many parts and support for cz. Also there are several cz gurus who could probably tell you more and might even have some advice

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    There are several sights and many parts and support for cz. Also there are several cz gurus who could probably tell you more and might even have some advice

This!

Berettas, unless its an A1 model or similar, cannot have front sights changed on them. You cannot dovetail the front sights of the Beretta slide. The rear can be changed, but only Wilson and maybe some new old stock MMC rear sights are available.

Both will be kinda complex to work on, maybe a slight nod towards the Beretta.

Parts are available for both, but more aftermarket competition parts are available for the CZs through Cajun (Berettas have SOME, but not as much option as Cajun gives the CZs).

Replacement parts may be easier for the Beretta (non-competition, factory parts)

Magazines are a wash, albeit, surplus M9 mags pop up from time to time.

Carry, I prefer my Beretta over any CZ I've had due to weight. I don't consider the polymer frame CZs to be real CZs. :D (just kidding, but if I am going CZ, I'm going steel frame)

Accuracy would likely be a wash between the two.

If you are looking for aftermarket parts, get a CZ, save your pennies and call Cajun (or website) and I am a HUGE Beretta fan...

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    Maybe a bit more info for thought guys. In hand guns currently i own the following. Legion 226 SAO, Legion 229, Sig 220 Stainless Elite, Colt Gold Cup, Colt Combat Elite, CZ Shadow Target. So i already have a very well worked over CZ from the CZ custom shop. If building another, honestly i want it to have a nice trigger yes, but its going to be more of a bling gun. Like id consider having it engraved or gold leafed, case hardened frame maybe. I want something unique that is mine and only mine. That i can shoot on occassion as well.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I personally would find a decent surplus CZ75 from cdisales on GB and spend the money you would save buying new on parts from CGW. They have done a few surpluses in the past with all custom parts and i would be willing to bet you and others wouldn't know the difference. There are also several CZ's gods here who can help you out a lot better than I can. I have done a few upgrades on my surpluses with CGW parts and I do notice the difference from when I first got them stock.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If building another, honestly i want it to have a nice trigger yes, but its going to be more of a bling gun. Like id consider having it engraved or gold leafed, case hardened frame maybe. I want something unique that is mine and only mine. That i can shoot on occassion as well.

You want bling? I have an answer.

b9c0bd.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just for the point of conversation, have you thought about a Hi Power? It would be a little less common than a CZ or 92.

1ffe6c815efd3ec46000bdbc21f6a964.jpg

aztec777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2016
    Reno
    I would have to go for the CZ. They fit my hand better and there are a bunch of parts available from CZ Custom and/or Cajun Gunworks. I saw more than one Beretta slide break while on the range in the Army.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Sorta torn. I think i like the look of the CZ more, but the Beretta may be easier for a beginner to work on, and easier to find parts for? Looking to take a base gun, do the sights of my choice, refinish the frame and slide, grips, trigger job basically make it a unique gun that only i have. Either could be a great base i think but does one stand out above the other as easier to work on, find parts for, etc?

The Beretta will be more difficult to detail strip if you're gonna do any refinishing. I'm a fan of the CZ. I do own both.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Most on this forum would point you toward the CZ, I'm a Beretta guy myself. I have my M9A1 off at Wilson Combat right now. I'm excited to get it back.

This being said, you wouldn't go wrong with a CZ.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    I ended up picking up a brand new CZ75B in polycoat black last night after work. Going to start getting some parts for it. Gonna test fire it tonight. Any good tutorials on how to tear one down and put it back together etc? Im debating on what all to do to it. I have a CZ Shadow Target. I dont think this gun needs a super light trigger etc, but lightening up the DA would be nice because it feels like your pulling a Mack truck.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    Does anyone know of a place to get a trigger, slide stop, safety lever, and hammer plated? i would like to do them in gold i would assume. or a case hardened look, or rainbox would be amazing. No luck finding such a place though?

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Does anyone know of a place to get a trigger, slide stop, safety lever, and hammer plated? i would like to do them in gold i would assume. or a case hardened look, or rainbox would be amazing. No luck finding such a place though?
    If you're looking for info for customizing a CZ I'd visit the Czickness thread and talk to BirdsAway.

Top Bottom