• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mine's not in quite that nice shape, but not real far from it.
    It's been almost 8 years ago now, but I got mine right here on Ingo, and I traded for it.
    My trade value was $225.

$1000 is WAY too much, unless it's a single digit serial number, or in PERFECT condition.

If you're even considering $1000, wait a bit. Colt has authorized a re-release of both the 1903 and the 1908 in .32acp & .380acp respectively.
    The first edition collectors grade of the new releases are listed at around $1500.
    I'm hoping they will offer some rack-grade models for less.

I'm also hoping the new mags are identical to the old ones.
    I could use a couple of spare mags for mine, but I won't pay $75 for a used magazine.

spencer5650

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2013
    Bedford
    Nice gun, but not $1000.00 nice. I wouldn't go more than 650.00 with the two mags. 1903s are great shooters, but finding good mags is a chore.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nice gun, best guess from the serial number is that it's a type 3 the most common. The mags look like two tones which are correct for the gun, guessing at the condition that might add $130 to the purchase price of gun and mag. Not worth $1K from what I see in the photo as far as condition, but these guns have been drifting up in value. Reliable and accurate 32 ACP. Best of luck if you decide to negotiate for it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Nice gun, best guess from the serial number is that it's a type 3 the most common. The mags look like two tones which are correct for the gun, guessing at the condition that might add $130 to the purchase price of gun and mag. Not worth $1K from what I see in the photo as far as condition, but these guns have been drifting up in value. Reliable and accurate 32 ACP. Best of luck if you decide to negotiate for it.

I've been watching this thread just to see your take on it. What's it worth, in your opinion?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've been watching this thread just to see your take on it. What's it worth, in your opinion?

Without a close look at the condition and mags, best guess would be $650 or so on GB as was mentioned earlier in the thread. I can't see the second number in the serial number which might make it a type 4, it's close to the change over. The type 4 is less common but has a magazine safety which I don't like.

Top Bottom