• ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    IBTL!!

There is a bit of redundancy in this topic, as before I finally appreciated the 1911 platform for what it was, I considered my CZ's to be the European execution of the 1911 platform... sort of a double-stack, DA interpretation of the USA's beloved 1911.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No need to have to decide between the two. Any decent collection will contain both. A 1911 is the ultimate method of sending a .45 caliber bullet down range. The platform and .45 ACP round are in perfect balance and the two are a joy to shoot. The classic CZ 75 platform is to the 9mm, what the 1911 is to the .45. The 1911 is like a classic '60s era Corvette Stingray. Newer 1911s are like the new Corvettes. Inherently American and a big part of our culture. Now, the CZ platform is like a BMW. Like BMWs, some are made in the US but most are European. Like BMWs, CZs come in a dizzying array of makes and models and it's always fun to find those rare ones that appear in the catalog only to disappear a year or two later. Like BMWs, you can get CZs in basic every day form or you can get them hotrodded to the max. Like BMWs, basic CZs can be taken to the next level by adding some really good parts but also like BMWs, CZs can get expensive when you start fixing them up. But, like a well tuned BMW on a smooth twisty road, a CZ is a sheer joy to shoot. You just don't want to stop.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Keep that up and I'll bring the old 3 series to the swap on Saturday. And yes, most of the turn signals still work. I will admit that it can be hard to drive at times with the headliner hanging down.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Keep that up and I'll bring the old 3 series to the swap on Saturday. And yes, most of the turn signals still work. I will admit that it can be hard to drive at times with the headliner hanging down.
    Well that didn't take long to derail. Here I wanted to have a serious discussion. We really needed another CZ thread.

;)

Top Bottom