• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    EMP 1911 trouble

Good evening INGO'ers. I purchased a new in box EMP last year at the 1500. I recently took this to the range and put maybe 50 rounds through it. I saw some metal shavings near the front sights and got a little worried. I called Springfield and the tech said it was fine. Does this look fine?
    IMG_0126_zpsyzgmprv2.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0125_zpsgarnkvg0.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Looks to me like you're just wearing finish off of the bearing surfaces, but I'll let more astute and less blind memberss weigh in.
    At first I had thought so as well. Just normal wear but it looks pretty deep to me. Somewhat like the bullet nose is dropping off and not feeding correctly. I'm not an expert at any gun and definitely not the 1911 platform.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Are you refering to the wear on the frame rails or on the integral feed ramp? Also is the gun a .40 or a 9mm?
    I think the rails are fine that's normal wear it's the feed ramp I'm worried about. It seems to me like it digging and chewing more than normal wear. It's a 9mm. And had nothing but winchester round nose. No hollows.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    You're good to go judging by the pics. It's normal wear already.
    It's just the slower process of polishing the feed ramp and throat.

Roger that, Like I said this is why I came here and asked, never hurts to get some sound advice from gun guys who know what they are talking about. I didn't need it to fail with one of my family members shooting it or myself for that matter.

Top Bottom