• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    Just picked up this baby. going to start its transformation. Wanting to make a show piece out of a common otherwise pretty plain old black steel pistol. Thoughts?

View attachment 52546

I dont want it to be to horrible. Not looking for gold tiger striped desert eagle here. I have however thought about having the frame done in rainbow chrome similiar to the slides on some of the Sig 938 and 238s.
    Does anyone know a place to have this done? Also going to change the sights out and do some cajun gunworks parts.

If you have other ideas im open. Have considered case hardening frame(but color doesnt last to well if you ever use it from what ive heard), or cerakote on the frame with some type of effect. Id like to stay black on the slide and make it a 2 tone of some type. Maybe TiN the barrel.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Just picked up this baby. going to start its transformation. Wanting to make a show piece out of a common otherwise pretty plain old black steel pistol. Thoughts?

View attachment 52546

I dont want it to be to horrible. Not looking for gold tiger striped desert eagle here. I have however thought about having the frame done in rainbow chrome similiar to the slides on some of the Sig 938 and 238s.
    Does anyone know a place to have this done? Also going to change the sights out and do some cajun gunworks parts.

If you have other ideas im open. Have considered case hardening frame(but color doesnt last to well if you ever use it from what ive heard), or cerakote on the frame with some type of effect. Id like to stay black on the slide and make it a 2 tone of some type. Maybe TiN the barrel.

Why you wanna ugly up a perfectly good pistol?

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    i dont love the grips on it some nice simple tasteful coca bolo grips would be fine, and the slide honestly could stay the polycoat black. Though the gloss blue sure looks nice. The scroll work etc i dont really feel was needed on that gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i dont love the grips on it some nice simple tasteful coca bolo grips would be fine, and the slide honestly could stay the polycoat black. Though the gloss blue sure looks nice. The scroll work etc i dont really feel was needed on that gun.

The scroll work throws me off. Not a fan. KISS for me.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Polycoat has always looked cheap to me.

I once worked in a decorative chrome shop, and do like the deep blue of chrome. I've always preferred nickel, though. That rainbow stuff Sig does is gaudy, to put it nicely. Just my opinion, of course.

Color case hardening can made to be a few thousandths deep, awfully hard to rub off. But to do it correctly is pretty resource intensive. Also, you would have to be careful not to warp your frame in the quench. I have a feeling the rails might be susceptible, and require some adjustment after the process. But it is truly beautiful. A gunsmith who specializes in old shotguns and double rifles might be able to do it up right, including any necessary adjustments.

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I currently have a stainless cz 75B in the works right now that I am going to "goop".
    -Most edges lightly softened.
    -The trigger guard is re-profiled symetrically round like the late Pre-B models.
    -All controls/some edges are going to be "melded". The slide stop is finished, a Pre-B slide stop completely smoothed out.
    -Ledge on safety built up, then melded like the rest
    -Still undecided on internals, but I am set on the SRTS trigger.

It should look pretty neat when done, especially with the upcurved beavertail that the stainless models have. Once that is all done, I will get it Ionbonded black like this 1911:

View attachment 52574

If you're going for a show piece, I'd recommend the re-profiled triggerguard.

Top Bottom