• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Best is always subjective. There's a ton of designs, materials, and price points. I can tell you what *I* like, but that doesn't mean it will match up to your wants and needs. If you want to narrow down the variables a bit, you might get more relevant input.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Best is always subjective. There's a ton of designs, materials, and price points. I can tell you what *I* like, but that doesn't mean it will match up to your wants and needs. If you want to narrow down the variables a bit, you might get more relevant input.
    Price point really isnt an issue, most comfortable best support etc.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    I have both a P220/ P229 Fobus IWB and a Safariland IWB holsters. The Fobus fits better and can be worn without looping the belt the through the holster as Safariland holsters requires.

The Fobis is faster, more comfortable and draws quicker in both P220 mode and P229 mode, but isn't as secure in rough territory. But as I live in an urban enviroment (which sucks), I wear the Fobus the most.

The Safariland is better in rough country due to the way the holster secures and the difference time wise in drawing is minimal as it holds the weapon securely as the Fobus tends to release unopportunely in rough country . The SafarilandI is however more secure as a button must be depressed to release the gun vs. a simple trigger guard detent holds the Fobus.

The Safariland is more stable in rough areas as it requires the user to depress a button to release the weapon.

Fhe nice thing being is both fit my P220 and my P229, but I'd prefer an Inside Wasteband holster!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom