• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just watching the latest Mythbusters "The Search" episode on the DVR. The are using some sort of .22 handgun, but I don't recognize it. The slide moves along the BOTTOM of the barrel, which seems different to me.

Anyone catch that episode? Recognize the handgun?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just watching the latest Mythbusters "The Search" episode on the DVR. The are using some sort of .22 handgun, but I don't recognize it. The slide moves along the BOTTOM of the barrel, which seems different to me.

Anyone catch that episode? Recognize the handgun?

I also just watched it. But, I'd have to catch it on my DVR to rewatch. I didn't recognize it off hand.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Looks like a STI conversion kit. Google it for more pics.
    STI_22kit_open_9596.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That looks a LOT like it.

It looked just like a 1911 in the video clips, other than the strange (to me) slide. Seemed to jam pretty easily on one of the contestants.

I guess you can't really "overhand" rack that slide?

BSforgery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2017
    Spring
    I can tell you what they used on Mythbusters The Search because I'm one of the ones who fired it.

It was a Travis Tomasie's 1911 .22LR conversion. The slide was weird and it did make it a little odd to rack since I had never handled it before. Although an amazing target pistol, I have never shot better than I did in practice rounds with it. The small caliber greatly reduced the kick allowing for very rapid precise and accurate firing. The jam thing... well you saw the only time it happened. I can make guesses as to the "grip" causing it. Possibly a loose grip causing the slide to not fully cycle. Possibly the grip safety not being fully depressed. I can't speculate more since we were all sequestered in a separate safety area.

Hope yall are enjoying the show as much as I did filming it. Be sure to follow me on all that social media @BSforgery if you have more questions! Due to a new account I don't know if I can answer on here. --Brian Louden

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I can tell you what they used on Mythbusters The Search because I'm one of the ones who fired it.

It was a Travis Tomasie's 1911 .22LR conversion. The slide was weird and it did make it a little odd to rack since I had never handled it before. Although an amazing target pistol, I have never shot better than I did in practice rounds with it. The small caliber greatly reduced the kick allowing for very rapid precise and accurate firing. The jam thing... well you saw the only time it happened. I can make guesses as to the "grip" causing it. Possibly a loose grip causing the slide to not fully cycle. Possibly the grip safety not being fully depressed. I can't speculate more since we were all sequestered in a separate safety area.

Hope yall are enjoying the show as much as I did filming it. Be sure to follow me on all that social media @BSforgery if you have more questions! Due to a new account I don't know if I can answer on here. --Brian Louden

Hello Brain and welcome to INGO. Curious how you found us and this thread?
    Dan

BSforgery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2017
    Spring
    Apologies for bad forum etiquette but when I "reply with quote" I can't seem to use the space bar any more... So answering how I found this thread:

I use a function in google that constantly trolls the internet looking for keywords you setup. Usually I'm just waiting for news or reviews but on occasion I find chances like this to interact with people who have question about the show. It popped up give me a small portion of the discussion on the gun used and I figured yall would enjoy being filled in on what I could.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Apologies for bad forum etiquette but when I "reply with quote" I can't seem to use the space bar any more... So answering how I found this thread:

I use a function in google that constantly trolls the internet looking for keywords you setup. Usually I'm just waiting for news or reviews but on occasion I find chances like this to interact with people who have question about the show. It popped up give me a small portion of the discussion on the gun used and I figured yall would enjoy being filled in on what I could.

Must be using a mobile device. I think some people were complaining about space bar when they were using a certain browser.
    And, don't worry about that being bad "etiquette".

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Welcome. Hopefully you are one of the new Mythbusters. If you do, and need any gun help, let us know.

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010

Very nice. I'm familiar with the Google function you're using. It's pretty neat once you get it setup.
    It's great you're following the show online in the forums. It gives more credence to the validity of them.
    Again welcome to INGO and don't worry about the etiquette, there's members here with well over 10,000 posts who still don't know what it is!
    Dan

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Welcome to INGO Brian. I've been wanting to watch these new episodes. I'll go set up my DVR to grab them on-demand.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom