• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I think I finally figured out why I keep sticking to the Glock platform. I keep thinking about other brands but never quite manage to convince myself to take the leap. I think I am hooked on the simplicity of the whole thing. That is the biggest feature I enjoy. No extra controls or anything just clean and simple. Of course the reliability and all the rest of the major sell points are nice but the simplicity is just fantastic.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have a Gen 3 22 and a Gen 3 17. They are great shooters. The only thing I don't like about them is the small trigger guard. I have large hands and sometimes my triiger finger drags along the frame as i depress the trigger

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I'll agree glock got it right when they designed the thing 30 something years ago. I own a 17 and a 19. Perfect combination of weight, size, and firepower that up until very recently, no one has been able to match.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll agree glock got it right when they designed the thing 30 something years ago. I own a 17 and a 19. Perfect combination of weight, size, and firepower that up until very recently, no one has been able to match.

Glocks hate the mouse. I can prove it.
    I prefer the P-09 CZ as the ergonomics fit me a lot better than the G***k does. Points up better for me and the G***k trigger is horrid. I realize they can be improved. I have seen more than a few G***ks have issue as I have 1911's and CZ's.
    The CZ had a poopy trigger as well but it has been improved and is so much better than an enhanced G***k with near the same work

In the end it is all in what you like.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I kicked my Glock addiction many years ago, and I'm still on the wagon. There are far too many modern firearms that have fantastic service records, and most every one of them have better ergonomics.

I for one, have no problem at all evolving when it comes to firearms.

And for the record... I see plenty of Glocks with reliability issues at the clubs and ranges I visit. I was just at the Kodiak range in S.B. last weekend, and the only guy having any issues at all, out of twenty or so people, was a nice gentleman shooting his Glock 19 with his young daughter. He was having feeding and extraction issues on every magazine, so I offered him my PPQ to be able to keep shooting with his daughter. He gracefully declined my offer, and said that it will help teach his daughter failure drill techniques. The point is that no handgun has ever truly reached perfection, and it is a little disingenuous to keep claiming so despite evidence to the contrary.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    As per the Glock tagline, they very nearly ARE perfect. The ONLY time I`ve personally witnessed a Glock malfunction was when a shooter "limp-wristed" the pistol when shooting. And as per the OP, I love the simplicity, and the proven reliability of these wonderful pistols. They`re a snap to disassemble, and danged if they don`t always go bang when I pull the trigger.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    The ONLY time I`ve personally witnessed a Glock malfunction was when a shooter "limp-wristed" the pistol when shooting.
    I wonder how many Glock "failures" are due to poor maintenance or dodgy modifications. Even though there are hundreds of after-market parts for Glocks, how many of them go through the same reliability trials or quality control as Glock parts?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    All I own and shoot anymore are Glocks. Have plans on adding to what I got. Wonderful streamlined tools they are.

Top Bottom