• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    Any thoughts on the hkp30. Been looking into purchasing one but I'm kind of on the fence. I've read mixed reviews. I don't have any hk firearms but I'd love to add to the collection. Let's hear what everyone has to say. I don't want to make a purchase I regret. Ready ...go

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I bought a .40 S&W P30 a few years ago on a whim. I bought the non-safety model, which I prefer. I really like it. It feels perfect in my hand, functions flawlessly, and shoots great. I like it, a lot!

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    I bought a .40 S&W P30 a few years ago on a whim. I bought the non-safety model, which I prefer. I really like it. It feels perfect in my hand, functions flawlessly, and shoots great. I like it, a lot!

I agree they feel good in hand. Thanks for the input

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I had one, definitely get it with out the safety as I hated the position of the manual safety. That being said it is the only gun with finger groves to actually fit my hand well. The texture was really aggressive and I had to wear an undershirt when using IWB carry. My biggest complaint was the trigger, for an almost $1000 plastic gun that trigger sucked hard with a very long and gritty double action with a lackluster single action topped off with a poor long reset. 3/10 would not buy again

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    I had one, definitely get it with out the safety as I hated the position of the manual safety. That being said it is the only gun with finger groves to actually fit my hand well. The texture was really aggressive and I had to wear an undershirt when using IWB carry. My biggest complaint was the trigger, for an almost $1000 plastic gun that trigger sucked hard with a very long and gritty double action with a lackluster single action topped off with a poor long reset. 3/10 would not buy again

Yeah the trigger is one of the negatives steering me away from it. If I'm spending that much coin, I'm going to be extremely anal about the finite details. Otherwise I'm going to get mad and sell it.

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    Yeah the trigger is one of the negatives steering me away from it. If I'm spending that much coin, I'm going to be extremely anal about the finite details. Otherwise I'm going to get mad and sell it.

What at would you recommend for the same style/quality around the same price range?

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I have a 9mm P30 with the LEM trigger. If you hate the regular double action, give the LEM a try. It's a little different at first, but I think its the best DAO trigger. I also used to think that M&P's had the best ergonomics, but the P30 really fits me like a glove. It comes with different grip pieces for the back and also the sides so you can really customize it to fit perfectly.

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    I had the sk aka sub compact version. I had the v3, so a decocker and no safety. I loved the thing. Absolutely melted into my hand.

Well I had originally replied with "nice, I'm looking into the full seize version or maybe even the long slide"

apparently an admin established that was a "one word answer" and they removed that and some of my lengthy responses because I didn't take their email seriously. What do you guys think? What are the rules to get my 50 posts? Do I basically have to write a short novel ?

autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    I have a p30 in 40. One of the guns I like the most. Trigger is fine and gets better as you shoot it. Reset is not short but if it slows you down, your not even looking at the sights because you are still in recoil. This is a good time to buy one. In the last month I've seen 40's for 599 at Cdnn and p30l 40's for 569 at grab a gun, could be wrong on grab a gun but not on the price. I don't like the safety or the lem and prefer SA/DA v3. I think if you get a v3 you can switch it to lem but not vice versa--you should inquire. Generally lem's seem to be cheaper but in the last month , all came down. Enjoy

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    I have a p30 in 40. One of the guns I like the most. Trigger is fine and gets better as you shoot it. Reset is not short but if it slows you down, your not even looking at the sights because you are still in recoil. This is a good time to buy one. In the last month I've seen 40's for 599 at Cdnn and p30l 40's for 569 at grab a gun, could be wrong on grab a gun but not on the price. I don't like the safety or the lem and prefer SA/DA v3. I think if you get a v3 you can switch it to lem but not vice versa--you should inquire. Generally lem's seem to be cheaper but in the last month , all came down. Enjoy

Awesome! Good to know. Still shopping around at the moment and weighing pros and cons. The input is great. Just need to shoot one now with both variations of triggers.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I'd highly recommend the VP9 or VP40. Ergonomically, it's basically the same gun but striker fired. Cheaper than the P30 and probably the best trigger I've ever felt on a striker fired pistol. Much better than the P30 trigger IMO.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Don't think I've come across a "negative" review on a P30. Now there might be some quirks that people aren't too keen on. Such as the trigger, but the P30 is a heck of a pistol. I'd trust one just as much as a CZ75 or G19/17

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I honestly hate the LEM triggers on the HK but overall not a fan of DAO. I like the DAO trigger in the P250 way better than the LEM. However, I think I am the big minority in these thoughts. I really like the P30 and would totally get one. Have you looked at the older USP's? I like it better than the P30 and if you are 100% happy with the trigger, you can add a match trigger.

Top Bottom