• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Haven't seen a thread on it yet, so I'll bite..

Anyone seen it? Thoughts?

Seems like the LCP has become more and more popular with the Custom and II releases. I seem to believe that the LCP outshined the TCP, which is now being replaced by the Spectrum.

https://www.taurusspectrum.com/

I kind of like the black & white look, but not really a fan of all of the other color combos.

[video=youtube;_DoMVWSu7PA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DoMVWSu7PA[/video]

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The Ruger LCP is well known to be a pretty reliable and cheap pocket pistol, and the LCP2 only made a good thing better.

Taurus on the other hand does not have a reputation for being anything other than cheap and I would avoid them like the plague unless it was literally the only other option besides maybe Kel-Tek or Hi-Point

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The Ruger LCP is well known to be a pretty reliable and cheap pocket pistol, and the LCP2 only made a good thing better.

Taurus on the other hand does not have a reputation for being anything other than cheap and I would avoid them like the plague unless it was literally the only other option besides maybe Kel-Tek or Hi-Point

I would disagree with that.

My Millenium G2 has been more reliable than my SR9C. newer Taurus guns should not be lumped into the same category as older and specifically, the Spectrum is made in the US.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    My TCP is flawless so far and its trigger and feel are ten times better than the LCP IMO. I have the LCPII and love that gun too. But the trigger on the LCP is nothing compared to the TCP.

A lot of people talk trash about Taurus because of past bad guns. Well hell there are lemons everywhere. I have seen brand new 100K dollar Mercedes fail horribly where the car just shuts down. It doesnt mean the brand is all bad.

Hell I see more malfunctions with high end 1911s and glocks at the pistol shoots than I do with my 330 dollar ATI 1911.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Gonna stick with my LCP, Taurus and I never had a good relationship. Sure, their revolvers are OK, but the pistols haven't been the best, IMO. The Judge revolvers being the exception, I think they are pure crap though the 28ga version does intrigue me some.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Hell I see more malfunctions with high end 1911s and glocks at the pistol shoots than I do with my 330 dollar ATI 1911.

rh1slh.jpg

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Calling something a "speculum" is not an insult.

Speculum is not the best thing in the world, but it is as close to it as you can get...

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I would disagree with that.

My Millenium G2 has been more reliable than my SR9C. newer Taurus guns should not be lumped into the same category as older and specifically, the Spectrum is made in the US.

My TCP is flawless so far and its trigger and feel are ten times better than the LCP IMO. I have the LCPII and love that gun too. But the trigger on the LCP is nothing compared to the TCP.

A lot of people talk trash about Taurus because of past bad guns. Well hell there are lemons everywhere. I have seen brand new 100K dollar Mercedes fail horribly where the car just shuts down. It doesnt mean the brand is all bad.

I started with a Glock 26, but the thing gave me a blood blister on my shooting-hand pinky after every range trip. My son suggested I look at the Taurus 24/7 Pro DS that was advertised in the INGO classifieds. I checked it out, took it home, and sold the G26.

I quickly learned that Taurus was not a respected brand. There was endless debate on its quality. The haters were strong against it. My 24/7 worked so well I did a second level training program with it and it worked flawlessly. I concluded that the haters were about as reliable as Patriot-hating Colts fans. It ran well, and was extremely accurate. I did my best shooting with it. Really liked it. It was my EDC for a couple years—until the trigger began to jam after firing. I did all the usual stuff, but eventually sent it back to Taurus for repairs. Taurus confiscated it as part of its massive recall. They sent me a brand new one. I had to send it back for service. When I got the new one back, I sold it. Just could no longer trust a Taurus.

My son wanted a pocket pistol, so he picked up an early production Ruger LCP in .380 Auto. Thing was a piece of junk. Totally unreliable. We worked on it for a couple months, cleaning it, polishing this and that, talking to the INGO Ruger fanboys—doing everything we could to get it to run reliably. Finally, he sold it and bought a TCP.

The TCP did not work either. Trouble appeared with the first mag. Failure to feed, failure to fire. Taurus said send it back, even offered to send a prepaid shipping label. My son did not have time to deal with it before leaving for Marine OCS, so I bought the gun from him at his cost. I sent the gun back. Taurus fixed a few things, but it still would not run reliably. They advised using different ammo, adjusting my hand grip, etc. Nothing worked.

I mentioned this on INGO and a local member replied he had gotten his FIL's TCP to run reliably. I met with him and eventually he was able to get it running sufficiently that I would carry it when running, when mowing the grass, or when working around the yard. Worked OK for a couple years. I assumed the guy's work on it voided the Taurus warranty, so when it began having feed issues again, I just assumed it was something with which I would have to live.

Eventually, I did send the TCP back to Taurus. They promised to send a replacement. I waited five months, but I did eventually get a BNIB TCP. I did not even cut the original zip tie off it. I took photographs and posted it on INGO and Taurusarmed.net. I sold to a gentleman in Arizona off the Taurus forum.

I am done with Taurus. Done, too, with pocket Rugers. Neither one would work; but Taurus would, eventually, replace bad units. I now have a Colt Mustang for deep concealment, long runs in the summer sun, and working around the yard. My EDC is now a FNS-9.

Last edited:

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown

People talk trash about Taurus because they have been just that for years TRASH. They may have improved as of late but for years there reputation to the Firearms enthusiast has been less than stellar and plagued with reliability issues. Yes there are a few lemons from every manufacturer but Taurus is in a whole different category when it comes to lemons or QC problems. This is well documented on firearms forums everywhere. I'm not saying there all bad but they are at the bottom of most people's list when it comes to guns they can reliably trust.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Public Service Announcement!

Public Service Announcement!

"Remember, Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Taurus."

This has been a public service announcement. Now, back to your regularly scheduled forum...

Top Bottom