• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So, my wife is considering starting carrying and we've been trying to find something that would be a good fit for her. She's shot my 1911 previously and had no trouble with the recoil but feels that it's just a bit big to be comfortable in her hand. She recently had a chance to hold one of the browning 1911-380s and felt that was a good sized grip and really likes the aesthetics of the 1911 platform. However, I'm a bit concerned with using .380 as a go-to caliber when she has no trouble with more powerful rounds. The 4" Springfield EMP caught our eyes and we've been trying, thus far unsuccessfully, to find one that she could hold (or ideally shoot) to see if it's something she'd be comfortable with.

Does anybody know of any ranges in the Indianapolis area that have an EMP on the rental wall? Failing that where's a place that has one in stock so she could at least see how well it fits her hand?

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Does anybody know of any ranges in the Indianapolis area that have an EMP on the rental wall? Failing that where's a place that has one in stock so she could at least see how well it fits her hand?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Indiana Gun Club. Try the Glock 43 for size and recoil.

Indiana Gun Club :: Inventory :: Guns For Sale
    33705SPRINGFIELD1911 EMP COMPACT LW BITONE1195.00Details
    33711SPRINGFIELD1911 EMP LW BITONE1195.00

MrAverage

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Terre Haute
    It's not the version you're looking for, but I have a 3" EMP that you could take to the range (if you get desperate). Unfortunately I'm in Terre Haute, which is one of the further suburbs of Indy.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If she'd like a thin-ish 9mm to shoot, there also now about half a dozen polymer striker fired guns she should also handle.

The EMPs are FINE guns. But, much like a small .38 revolver - they're not beginner guns.

Top Bottom