Need help figuring out the model of this Beretta.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    20170128_104804.jpg 20170128_104818.jpg
    My husband bought back in the 90's, sold it to his brother and then bought it back like 2-3 years ago. It originally came with 2 magazines but apparently his brother lost the other one so he's wanting to buy 1 or two extra magazines, but I need to know the model of this damn thing. It's a 9mm and the magazine it has hold 16 rounds.
    Most firearms have their model name on there I assume, but this one has that whole sentence and I'm not sure how to find the magazine for that.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Lol, yeah I feel stupid. I could've sworn I looked on the other side but I guess I assumed it said the same thing as the left side of the barrel (The First Decade 1985-1995 blah blah.
    It states America's Defender
    Beretta M9-92FS

So yeah, that answers my question lol.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Go to this Beretta site, enter the serial number exactly as explained and it should tell you how many mags came with the pistol and round capacity.

Firearm Technical Data Search

Update, I just noticed the picture showing the serial number and ran it. The pistol has a manufacture date of 2000, during the clinton capacity stupidity, so it would have shipped with two 10 round clinton capacity mags.

Beretta said:
    [FONT=&quot]Serial Number: 0073M9[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Model: J92FAD1[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Product Description: 92FS AMERICA'S DEFENDER-STD.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Approximate Manufacture Date: 2000[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Parts Listing: [/FONT]Parts
    [FONT=&quot]Owners Manual: [/FONT]Manual
    [FONT=&quot]Product Brochure or Literature: [/FONT]Brochure
    [FONT=&quot]Choke System: [/FONT]Chokes
    [FONT=&quot]Barrel: [/FONT]UD80989-BARREL, 92F/FS (ASSY)
    [FONT=&quot]Stock: NA
    [/FONT]

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Go to this Beretta site, enter the serial number exactly as explained and it should tell you how many mags came with the pistol and round capacity.

Firearm Technical Data Search

Update, I just noticed the picture showing the serial number and ran it. The pistol has a manufacture date of 2000, during the clinton capacity stupidity, so it would have shipped with two 10 round clinton capacity mags.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Strange, it was sold to him with a 15 rounder that it still has, I'm sure he has no recollection of the other magazine. I met my husband in 2002 and don't recall if he had this gun then or had already sold it to his brother, but I'm pretty sure he bought it at either a local gun store or pawn store. Heck, I doubt he'd remember it now.
    Holding this beast, I don't know how a tiny 10 round mag would fit... the damn thing is so big, the 15 round mag fits snug in it. But I'm way more familiar with my Ruger SR40c, and am not familiar at all with this bad boy.

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Alright, so I asked my husband and he gave me some details, surprisingly he remembers. He bought it in 2000, it did come with a 10 round mag (which is the one missing) and the store owner sold him the 15 round mag.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Strange, it was sold to him with a 15 rounder that it still has, I'm sure he has no recollection of the other magazine. I met my husband in 2002 and don't recall if he had this gun then or had already sold it to his brother, but I'm pretty sure he bought it at either a local gun store or pawn store. Heck, I doubt he'd remember it now.
    Holding this beast, I don't know how a tiny 10 round mag would fit... the damn thing is so big, the 15 round mag fits snug in it. But I'm way more familiar with my Ruger SR40c, and am not familiar at all with this bad boy.

The 10 rounder just has a spacer in it, to keep more than 15 from going in. It is the same length as the 15 rounder, on the outside.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Actually Beretta 10 round mags have a depression running down the mag forcing it to be almost single stack. This is a 10 round stainless version of the same mag which would have been black in the special edition pistol.

MS80405.jpg

Without that depression the mag would hold the standard 15 rounds.

Top Bottom