• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evo2125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    indianapolis
    So today i finally decided on buying a century arms PAP M92 ak pistol. Seen many reviews and it seems like a fairly decent pistol for the price. Was thinking of a possible sbr. And its the first 7.62x39 that i own. Any one own one.

st8kfinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2016
    north east
    I had one until my dad shot it. He did not like "assault rifles" and as soon as he shot a drum through it he made me an offer. They clean up pretty nice, I re finished the wood and put on a break, hogue grip, and single point sling. My dad and his friends have put probably 3 or 4 thousand rounds throgh it without any issues.

evo2125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    indianapolis
    I had one until my dad shot it. He did not like "assault rifles" and as soon as he shot a drum through it he made me an offer. They clean up pretty nice, I re finished the wood and put on a break, hogue grip, and single point sling. My dad and his friends have put probably 3 or 4 thousand rounds throgh it without any issues.

Havent got around to shooting it. But yputube video reviews seemed more on the positive side. Not bad for the price.

st8kfinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2016
    north east
    Only issue I have heard about them is the trigger pin working its way out. If yours just has the thread protector the krinkov bell muzzle break is worth the money.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have a PAP M92 pistol in 7.62x39 and it was my first SBR. That thing spits fire! I have a US Machine Modular Lite stock on it and it is a slick SBR

evo2125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    indianapolis
    I have a PAP M92 pistol in 7.62x39 and it was my first SBR. That thing spits fire! I have a US Machine Modular Lite stock on it and it is a slick SBR

Good to hear. Being your first sbr how long was the wait time. This will actually be my first time doing an sbr.

INDY45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Henryville, Indiana
    I have a Draco that I installed a us machine gun adaptor and a shockwave Blade, also a Magpul forearm and pistol grip.Added a muzzle break and alot of ammo and not one malfunction at all. If not wanting to wait and have to file paper work go with a shockwave Blade, I have two and they are great.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    im not really a ar/ak pistol guy till last Saturday, we did a transfer for a chiappa ak pistol in 9mm, it took beretta 92 ,mags (it came with 2) but it also had an adapter to convert it to take glock mags.....it was heavvvvvy really heavvvvy!, but all I could think of was a ak74 folding stock, a front grip and omg that would be a fun little brass maker! OR put it in a slide fire stock!

or even better....repealing the nfa and turning into a "mans" sewing machine....cause believe me, that thing could "stitch" a target!

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...tols/chiappa-ak-9-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    im not really a ar/ak pistol guy till last Saturday, we did a transfer for a chiappa ak pistol in 9mm, it took beretta 92 ,mags (it came with 2) but it also had an adapter to convert it to take glock mags.....it was heavvvvvy really heavvvvy!, but all I could think of was a ak74 folding stock, a front grip and omg that would be a fun little brass maker! OR put it in a slide fire stock!

or even better....repealing the nfa and turning into a "mans" sewing machine....cause believe me, that thing could "stitch" a target!

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...tols/chiappa-ak-9-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0

Bwah hah hah. We should try to coordinate some Sunday range time to shoot it if you can tear away from your precious Sigs.

OP, I have or have had Dracos, M92 & M85 PAPs and a Mini Draco along with the recently acquired 9mm. I have enjoyed them all and can't really put one over the other aside from personal preference. The one I wish I could get back was my early Draco C model which had a drilled out underfolder trunnion. Would have made SBRing easy and cool.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Good to hear. Being your first sbr how long was the wait time. This will actually be my first time doing an sbr.

It was my first SBR and I did it back in 2013. I think I waited 3 months for the paperwork to be approved. But it is a different scenario now. I have an SBR that I have been waiting over 7 months to get back.

evo2125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    indianapolis
    It was my first SBR and I did it back in 2013. I think I waited 3 months for the paperwork to be approved. But it is a different scenario now. I have an SBR that I have been waiting over 7 months to get back.

That is a long wait time. From the research ive done it could take up to 12 months on some cases. I guess the wait is well worth it.

evo2125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    indianapolis

Just saw the pictures of that ak pistol, it looks like fun. Specially for shooting 9mm and using glock mags. Was never an ak/ar pistol fan my self. Just decided to join the dark side.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bwah hah hah. We should try to coordinate some Sunday range time to shoot it if you can tear away from your precious Sigs.

OP, I have or have had Dracos, M92 & M85 PAPs and a Mini Draco along with the recently acquired 9mm. I have enjoyed them all and can't really put one over the other aside from personal preference. The one I wish I could get back was my early Draco C model which had a drilled out underfolder trunnion. Would have made SBRing easy and cool.

63 degrees and 80% chance of storms this sunday, im always up go head to the range! if the weather changes im all in! hut I hate shooting with a "lightning rod" in my hands.....plus I like to get some trigger time on your new volqartsen!

if we make this happen(if not this sunday, as soon as possible!), I'd love to invite or friends "E" and "K" from the shop!

Top Bottom