When the heck will the new CZ P10 be available to buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Been reading all the positive reviews of CZ's entrance to the ploy gun market the CZ P10 and would love to buy one as affordable and accurate alternative to my present WTB the VP9, but it's not available from any source anywhere I know of. The projected release date I read from multiple resources has come and gone but still no store near wear I live or on the internet has them.

I'm guessing I'll likely have to wait some time as demand will almost certainly outstrip production, Question is how long a wait? I sold my only FS 9mm to fund a replacement purchase and was going to buy a VP9 but are going to hold off until I do a hands on evaluation of a CZ P10. Anyone have any solid info on when the CZ P10 will be available either online or OTC in any large amount?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    CZ tends to ship in batches. So they will flood us with them and they will dry up for awhile. I believe we were also supposed to have the Shadow 2 by now as well... Just the way they are. My hope is that people go nuts over these P10's and the standard CZs will become more available.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I know how the impatience feels. I decided that I would wait for the initial rush to pass maybe get one next year. I'm not a blogger or interested in saying I had one first. Hopefully they'll even be a little cheaper then too. I'm not a striker fire fan but I do confess to being a novice CZ fanboy, so it'll be the lone hammerless pistol in my small collection.

Btw unless I read your op wrong, the p10c is not their first polymer based pistol. The P series (07 & 09) as well as the venerable phantom predates it. Also, in fact the p10c isn't even their first striker fired attempt. The cz100 (their first poly as well as striker fired system) back in the 90's came first. My apologies if this info is/was redundant to you.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Been reading all the positive reviews of CZ's entrance to the ploy gun market the CZ P10 and would love to buy one as affordable and accurate alternative to my present WTB the VP9, but it's not available from any source anywhere I know of. The projected release date I read from multiple resources has come and gone but still no store near wear I live or on the internet has them.

I'm guessing I'll likely have to wait some time as demand will almost certainly outstrip production, Question is how long a wait? I sold my only FS 9mm to fund a replacement purchase and was going to buy a VP9 but are going to hold off until I do a hands on evaluation of a CZ P10. Anyone have any solid info on when the CZ P10 will be available either online or OTC in any large amount?

I'm not trying to be mean but it's going a loooong while, I don't doubt the P10 is an excellent handgun but unfortunately CZ doesn't make any of their handguns in significant numbers to satisfy the demand. When I purchased my P09 and SP01 I had to search in a lot of places and had to pay more that I would like due to not been able to negotiate (due to the supply), unfortunately I see the price been kind of high for at least a year or more due to been the hot item of the year. Not to mention the mags also going to be very difficult to get.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    First batch it set to hit February or March

40s won't be until June, maybe longer

But like anything new and popular there will be shortages for a while

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The big problem with CZs is that they build a great service pistol. Service pistols are popular all over the world more so than consumer focused guns, so CZ makes a huge number of them, but only a fraction of that number is available to the US market. When S&W, Walther or any other gun maker that's focused on teh US market comes out with a new gun, we see them in larger numbers because the bulk, if not all of them are destined for US gun owners. CZs get shipped everywhere and while we are a big part of their market, we are not their only market or possibly not even their most important market when government contracts are considered.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'd like to shoot one.

But I dare not like it lest I be tempted to move into that platform.

Same with the new Avidity Arms PD-10 pistol. I'd like to shoot one of those, too.

But I'm afraid if I like them too much then I'll want to switch away from what I currently am most familiar with. And that's just $$$$$$$$

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    In speaking to my LGS about a CZ purchase; he says this happens for time to time as CZ tends to ship into the US in batches and if a large contract order gets in the way availability can be delayed and difficult to predict; especially for the small LGS.

MrAverage

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Terre Haute
    I know I can't bring down the temperature on the CZ fever, but just watched the Yankee Marshal's video on his worst guns from shot show 2017. The CZ P10 was number five on his list. Disappointed with ergonomics, trigger and build quality. Mostly didn't live up to the hype and his other (positive) experiences with other CZs. Sounded like it was just another striker fire pistol to him, not worse or better, but had his hopes set too high. Well you know what they say about opinions, same as poop holes, everyone has one.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have no interest in the P10 whatsoever, I will get to try several at some point though, but I couldn't give a rats ass about what YankeeMarshall's opinion is on anything. Worst gun related channel on the 'tube. JMHO. There, now you know how I really feel. :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There are few internet opinions I put any stock in. MAC seems to give an honest review and a select few people here on INGO have earned my respect when it comes to giving an honest opinion of a firearm. Too many people add emotion to fact and taint their review. I don't like emotions.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    To sum up with what YankeeMarshall said

The trigger is ok, its not better than the PPQ trigger. The gun is really hyped by the CZ fans and it won't live up to the hype but it is a good gun.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    CZ tends to ship in batches. So they will flood us with them and they will dry up for awhile. I believe we were also supposed to have the Shadow 2 by now as well... Just the way they are. My hope is that people go nuts over these P10's and the standard CZs will become more available.

Yepper, really want a P01 Omega, hopefully won't miss the boat this time.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    To sum up with what YankeeMarshall said

The trigger is ok, its not better than the PPQ trigger. The gun is really hyped by the CZ fans and it won't live up to the hype but it is a good gun.

I own CZ handguns in the past and there is no argument about been a great sidearm, just like every other handgun I did change a couple of things to improve them (in my there is no perfect gun out of the box). In my opinion CZ cater to some firearms journalist to create hype around their new entry to the crowded striker fire market, I also notice the some of the writers actually mention they received pre production samples for their T&E samples and we all now from those to the actual production model could be some significant differences. So wherever they are reporting may be irrelevant due to not been a production sample, CZ makes a good firearm but for my budget they can be expensive to set up and accessorize and not to mention maintain.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I own CZ handguns in the past and there is no argument about been a great sidearm, just like every other handgun I did change a couple of things to improve them (in my there is no perfect gun out of the box). In my opinion CZ cater to some firearms journalist to create hype around their new entry to the crowded striker fire market, I also notice the some of the writers actually mention they received pre production samples for their T&E samples and we all now from those to the actual production model could be some significant differences. So wherever they are reporting may be irrelevant due to not been a production sample, CZ makes a good firearm but for my budget they can be expensive to set up and accessorize and not to mention maintain.

I would say this primarily applies to their metal guns. Polymer guns I don't think are particularly needy for maintenance.

Top Bottom