• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Having noticed one on slick Guns for about $300.00 Anyone know anything about them? Possibly worth the price of Admission, I have always wanted to ad a 3 inch 1911 to the safe. If I went for it most likely would be a range gun only or perhaps for knocking around the homestead.

Thoughts

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I have carried an ATI GI Commander daily for the past few years. It is reliable and feeds any ammo. There was a small issue after the first 100 rounds but the CS took care of it and it runs like a champ now. It needed a new ejector. Heck even the fire control components came fitted and polished. The mag well is a little tight for certain mags but those are the cheapy range mags.

For the money I couldn't ask for more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This. I had one. Recoil spring, guide rod, polishing, and different mag to make it run. The grip bushings sucked too. Anytime I took a grip screw out the bushing went with it.

You have to stake them. (Bushings)

I hate using a thread locker on the grip bushings.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I will NEVER buy another thing from A.T.I. (American Tactical Importers).
    The upper I bought was a complete P.O.S. brand new from the box.
    Would not run more than 2 consecutive rounds before failing to eject, causing a double feed and jam.

Customer service was anything but.
    I corresponded with ATI reps for more than 2 years trying to resolve the issues.
    Returned the upper twice. Both times it came back in worse shape than it left.
    The second trip back to ATI resulted in them losing my upper for more than 3 months.

I even contacted the B.B.B. in my attempts to resolve my issues with ATI.
    Frustrated with ATI "customer disservice" I took my upper to my local gunsmith who managed to get it running apparently fine now, but I had to pay a gunsmith to correct a BRAND NEW upper!

Nope. No more ATI for me.
    YMMV

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will NEVER buy another thing from A.T.I. (American Tactical Importers).
    The upper I bought was a complete P.O.S. brand new from the box.
    Would not run more than 2 consecutive rounds before failing to eject, causing a double feed and jam.

Customer service was anything but.
    I corresponded with ATI reps for more than 2 years trying to resolve the issues.
    Returned the upper twice. Both times it came back in worse shape than it left.
    The second trip back to ATI resulted in them losing my upper for more than 3 months.

I even contacted the B.B.B. in my attempts to resolve my issues with ATI.
    Frustrated with ATI "customer disservice" I took my upper to my local gunsmith who managed to get it running apparently fine now, but I had to pay a gunsmith to correct a BRAND NEW upper!

Nope. No more ATI for me.
    YMMV

Yup they suck.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Sorry about your guys luck. I have had great experiences with them. I have an ATI 12 gauge pump that is a sweet shooter. It was used and cost me 140 plus tax. Its made by Ottoman guns out of Turkey. Every ATI I have handled has had great fitment.

I've seen worse fitment from guns 4-5 times as expensive. There are lemons out there. Just hope you don't get one.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sorry about your guys luck. I have had great experiences with them. I have an ATI 12 gauge pump that is a sweet shooter. It was used and cost me 140 plus tax. Its made by Ottoman guns out of Turkey. Every ATI I have handled has had great fitment.

I've seen worse fitment from guns 4-5 times as expensive. There are lemons out there. Just hope you don't get one.

For me, it had nothing to do with the inoperable firearm, and EVERYTHING to do with a complete lack of customer service.
    They lost my upper for 3 months.
    They promised, more than once, to replace the P.O.S. upper they sold me that was made in Turkey, with an American made replacement.
    I bugged them for more than 2 years about the American made replacement and all I got was excuses.

Mistakes happen. I can deal with those, but when you **** down my neck and try to tell me it's raining, we're going to have issues...

I don't worry about getting another lemon from A.T.I. because I'll never give them another chance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

There is more than just fit up with these pieces.
    I am glad you have had good luck with them.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    For me, it had nothing to do with the inoperable firearm, and EVERYTHING to do with a complete lack of customer service.
    They lost my upper for 3 months.
    They promised, more than once, to replace the P.O.S. upper they sold me that was made in Turkey, with an American made replacement.
    I bugged them for more than 2 years about the American made replacement and all I got was excuses.

Mistakes happen. I can deal with those, but when you **** down my neck and try to tell me it's raining, we're going to have issues...

I don't worry about getting another lemon from A.T.I. because I'll never give them another chance.

I had to deal with there CS a few years ago. I sent my gun back and got it back in 2 weeks. I guess whoever was handling your service was a douchebag and didn't want to do there job.

I've had worse CS from Ruger than from ATI.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had to deal with there CS a few years ago. I sent my gun back and got it back in 2 weeks. I guess whoever was handling your service was a douchebag and didn't want to do there job.

The 2 times I have dealt with Ruger went great. Guess it all depends on who you get on the phone.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

From my brothers experience with Ruger's CS, I'd buy more Ruger's. I own a Blackhawk and love it

Top Bottom