• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sjachsvitra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Crothersville
    So I'm having some trouble with my new co-worker who is quite against guns. He loves to argue it seems so we have done nothing since I started (tonight being my first night on third shift) but argue, while still trying to get my production out. How do some of you guys deal with a gun grabber co-worker?

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Shoot his ass. :):

Ok #1 Why does he even know you are pro gun?
    #2 If you've used your best material on him and he still can't engage common sense then don't talk about it anymore. You're just feeding a troll.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Change the subject. Talk cars or about music. Even better, don't talk, just work. Small minds hold onto simple ideas with a death grip. You probably won't change his perspective, so move on to other things if you must work together.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I simply refuse to talk to guys like that unless its work related. At that point, if they bring it up, I walk away. Like Spear Dane said, your feeding a troll

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Offer to take him shooting. Has he ever been? If not, how does he know he wouldn't like it? At least that's the logic I might try. If he refuses and youve exhausted your arguments or are just exhausted from arguing, ignore him as best you can.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    So I'm having some trouble with my new co-worker who is quite against guns. He loves to argue it seems so we have done nothing since I started (tonight being my first night on third shift) but argue, while still trying to get my production out. How do some of you guys deal with a gun grabber co-worker?

You nailed it in your first post. I know a few people like this and they just love to argue. Especially if it's a topic I'm passionate about. Sometimes you can walk away from them but if you're stuck on a production line with him I don't see that as an option. Best thing to do is like others have said is to either change the topic or go silent. If he's like some of the trolls/arguers I know no matter what topic you bring up he will take an opposing side. I guess it's just their mental entertainment. Or they are just *******s! Maybe both?
    Dan

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Odds are, the other people have already figured out to ignore him and he is picking a fight with you because you are the new guy that doesn't know any better yet.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Odds are, the other people have already figured out to ignore him and he is picking a fight with you because you are the new guy that doesn't know any better yet.

^This right here.
    It's your initiation.
    Ignore him, or better yet, ridicule his ignorance for NOT carrying!
    I'm only half kidding. It does not sound like you'll change his mindset, if that is truly how he feels.
    If however, you feel he's just messing with you, turn the tables on him.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    ^This right here.
    If however, you feel he's just messing with you, turn the tables on him.

I think many of us have had this happen to us with co-workers, neighbors, family members, old high school or college buddies, etc. A line I have used before once I'm at my wit's end is something along the lines of "I don't understand why anyone considers themselves morally superior by choosing to be a victim over someone who is willing to defend themselves, their loved ones, and their property..."

I do believe there are a number of anti-minded folks out there who project their own fears, and self-doubts, unfairly onto responsible owners they know nothing about.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Offer to take him shooting. Has he ever been? If not, how does he know he wouldn't like it? At least that's the logic I might try. If he refuses and youve exhausted your arguments or are just exhausted from arguing, ignore him as best you can.
    This is my favorite. I have had more than 30 people from work, including their family members, over to my house to shoot. Many of them had never held a gun before. These are mostly from Illinois. Now some of them have FOIDs and some ever got their Illinois license to carry.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Why are you talking about guns at work? Guns and politics.....I stay away from those subjects like the plague at work. Even if you're in a conversation with someone that agrees with you, someone else will hear your opinion, and you're going to make things hard on yourself.

Talk about that stuff with friends after work is over.

DaveM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    There isn't a whole lot you can do. Some people in this world are just never going to see things in any other way but their own. I hope he never has to face a situation where he needs to defend himself or his family, but if that day comes it might just be the one thing that changes his mind. Other than that, yeah, take him shooting one day if he'll agree to it. Heck, take him to Knob Creek during one of their big shoots. If full auto fire and explosions don't make him grin from ear to ear, he's a lost cause :ar15::rockwoot:

Top Bottom