• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    I'm soon going be getting my carry permit and wondering where is a good place to buy a holster local or online, it's a Springfield armory xdm 45 any help appreciated

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    Lots of places make custom kydex. Raven Concealment, Blackpoint Tactical, both online. Galco makes great custom leather holsters. These options are more expensive, and more than worth it.

Also, I don't recommend any holster that clips on. It must be completely secured to your belt, in my opinion.

Hope that helps!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess I'll be the first to recommend Crossbreed, but like Hough said, local is better to tr them out.

Being a lefty, that doesn't work out well for me.:(

DaveM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I can't really help with local, but there are places like Midway, Cheaper Than Dirt, Amazon, etc. It completely depends on how you want to carry it, how much you want to spend and so on. If you want a really top-notch, custom leather holster, your options drop a bit. XDM options in Kydex are probably going to be as plentiful as they are with Glocks. Leather, off the shelf options you'll probably need to look at Galco and Desantis. That isn't to say there aren't more makers than those two, just that those two are probably going to have the most options in commercial leather holsters.

mstagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Depending on your budget, either aliengear or stealthgear. The stealthgear holsters are amazing, but expensive. Aliengear is alot cheaper and pretty straightforward beginner holster for ccw. Just dont get a universal holster, get one molded for your gun.

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I have IWB and OWB Stealthgear holsters and both are great, only downside is the cost. I also think Vedder and Garrett make good quality holsters. Holsters are hard to recommend though, what works for one person may not work for another.

sbatten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Shelby Co.
    I personally like leather holsters over kydex/plastic. I have bigger hips and thighs so they have a tendency to cut into my hip when sitting. I would also recommend a high quality belt. I usually pay around $50 for my leather belts and that is on the lower end of the price range. There's a difference between a "cheap" carry rig and shopping around for the best pricing and saving money.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    You should be able to find Galco holsters locally. I have a King-Tuc for my XDm and love it. Crossbreed is very similar. For a full size pistol, I prefer the wide, 2 clip design.

If you choose the Galco, once you get the clips where you want them, use a little BLUE LocTite on the screws. Over time, they tend to work themselves loose.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    i have aliengear iwb for my sr9c so far i like it. just have to check the screws every so often, next time i might blue loctite them, also have a fobus owb for same gun. dont use it much. wife has a owb for shield from rural king she likes it.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Thanks for all the info, iv never carried my 45 yet since I got it, it's been about 6yrs so I'll be happy to have it, I thought about open carrying first just to get use to it on my hip but a friend recommended to conceal it,

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    i dont open very often, i have problems with it getting hung up on things. i use to have a 2 aa mini mag on my belt and when getting up from a folding chair it would pick up the chair. im also 6'4" 280 lb

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    @awames76 oh man you just brought up something I forgot, carrying my extra mags lol well have to shop for those also, and if I can't find anything local the Indy 1500 should help with finding something nice,

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Leather, kydex, OWB, IWB, AIWB, shoulder holster, how you dress etc.... we can't really give you suggestions without knowing more criteria.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I am currently in love with Bravo Concealment. Good stuff. Gonna try out the newer one they just released

ront

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    United States
    A Vedder Lighttuck is certainly worth taking a look at. Fast delivery and a quality product. I have one for my G26 and G19. Love them. They conceal well, are comfortable and the fit is outstanding!!

Ron

Top Bottom