• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;Aqa_GZcEV9M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqa_GZcEV9M[/video]

I had one, early model from around 2013, they had issues with the mainspring housing I eventually shot mine out and had to send it back to Sig to be fixed and then promptly sold it. Great little 9mm the trigger was not super good and for me it made sense to just move up to an Officer sized 1911.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have one and love the thing. I've had mine for about 15 months and it's a great little 9mm. It's fun to shoot which is odd given it's size. It carries quite well in a pants pocket and is big enough to use it for EDC if desired.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Mine has BRIGHT tritium sights. Magazines are pricey. Low mag capacity. Very concealable.

Haven't had good luck finding a suitable holster.

If you get one with the Sig laser, I have a Crossbreed IWB I would be happy to part with for a song...

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I ran a couple hundred through one and promptly traded even up for a new Glock. Very pleased that it's gone.

Holster it came with sucked. Trigger was stiff and so was safety lever. It was so small I had to keep feeling around to see if it was still on my person. Flat out hard to shoot a little pistol. Low round count. Expensive mags. Hard to take down. Overall sucked in every way.

I would be looking real hard at Glock or maybe an XDS

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I purchased a used 938 SAS about 3 weeks ago. I shot around 75 rounds, including 147gr HSTs with zero issues. I'm really liking this gun.

I was considering the Sig or a Kimber Micro 9. The sig has checkering on the front strap and night sights. The Sig also has a ton more parts and accessories available than the Kimber.

I'm very happy with my Sig!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I bought a 938 Extreme off a fellow INGOer a few months ago. It's a great gun. Easy to conceal and shoot.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    These seem to be popular, sold two 938 Combats in Flat Dark Earth one to my father-in-law. They are a little more expense than comparable guns in the same caliber and size but I like the feel of it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I ran a couple hundred through one and promptly traded even up for a new Glock. Very pleased that it's gone.

Holster it came with sucked. Trigger was stiff and so was safety lever. It was so small I had to keep feeling around to see if it was still on my person. Flat out hard to shoot a little pistol. Low round count. Expensive mags. Hard to take down. Overall sucked in every way.

I would be looking real hard at Glock or maybe an XDS

This is yet another reason why it's great to be an American. None of us are required to live with a pistol that does not work for us. Every one of us can find a gun that suits our needs and preferences for personal carry. Love this country!

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I have one of the early ones. I got it for my EDC, then switched back to a revolver, don't even remember why, now. Hubby now carries it. I was going to maybe start carrying it again, but I have to steal it back first. I think it's a great little gun for CC.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have a 938SAS and a 238SAS along with numerous other carry sized guns.

The 938 is my go to carry gun. Small, all metal, as accurate or more so than anything its size and has been 100% reliable.

Unless you have XL size hands; it sits in the hand great.

The market is flooded with good CCW guns - if the gun fits and you can shot it - buy it.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Bought my wife one a year ago, She absolutely loves it, she got the scorpion model the flat dark earth one. She put the hogue finger groove grip on it the agressive grip on it was a little much for her, she really liked the feel of the hogue much better. The gun is very accurate for a gun that small, she shoots it very well. It has had no malfunctions of any kind with factory ammo or my reloads. When she is not carrying her Glock 30 she is carrying her Sig depends on what she is wearing the Sig is easier to conceal.

Shawn76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2016
    nowhere
    I bought the 938 Combat and switched the grips to black hogue ones. I think it had way to much FDE and the grips have made it look better. I have small hands so this gun is perfect size for me. It's been to cold to go and shoot it yet,but I will be doing that Sunday if the rain stays away.
    Take down is not easy for this gun,one of the hardest ones I have taken apart to clean out the factory goo crap.Putting it all back together can be a little hard because of the recoil spring,but I figured out an easy way to get it back together quickly. Took some practice,but it's now less then a 15 second job putting it back it. That's my main complaint about the gun.
    I do like the size and is very easy to conceal.I pocket carry it and I do sometimes forget it s there.
    My daughter liked the size and feel of mine so much,she went and bought one today. Hers has the stainless steel slide and rubber Hogue grips. It is her first gun purchase.I still have to get her lifetime carry permit,which I was working on today and the website would not go past the address page,so got to call and see what the deal is.She needs to get her permit so she can carry it with her.
    There are a lot of good cc guns on the market but I think the 938s offer more then others for under $600. It's really all about what feels right to you.I myself will never own a Glock.I hate how they feel in my hand but many other people like them. I considered the Kimber Micro 9,but seen to many people having problems with them.I am also more of a Sig person then any other brand.

I also use Winchester PDX1 124 grain +p ammo for carry in both 938s. I have really liked the PDX1 rounds and never a problem with them.

I've also considered buying the 938 Scorpion as well. I have been eyeing them for awhile and now that I own a 938,I am liking it.Just have to go out and shoot it now.

Last edited:

Bybo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Lawrenceburg
    I've also considered the Kimber, but have heard of issues with them as well. I have an LCP, but leaning more towards the 9mm caliber.

Shawn76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2016
    nowhere
    I've also considered the Kimber, but have heard of issues with them as well. I have an LCP, but leaning more towards the 9mm caliber.

You'll like the 938.Prices seem to be all over the place depending on what finish you get. Mine was $610 after taxes for the Combat version and my daughter paid $575 for her 938 with the stainless slide. What I hate is some have 2 magazines with them some don't,and some come with the magazine with he pinky extension and others have the flat plate. The pinky extension is needed on this because it's so small.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    EDC for me. I carry in an everyday holster.
    Very concealable, which is a priority for me.
    Plenty Accurate. Not much bigger than the 238, but far better for self defense.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I don't know which particular model I shot, but I LOVED it. It fit my hand perfectly and shot very well. Super-comfortable.

I will own one for EDC ASAP.

Top Bottom