When's the new Army version of the Sig P320 going to be available?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    When's the new Army version of the Sig P320 going to be available? I'm planning on buying one strictly because it's going to be the new sidearm of my nations Army, but I want to get the actual version they're buying that has the safety and everything else so it's identical. I'm just curious if anyone knows when the civilian version will become available.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    As far as I've heard, there are currently no plans from Sig to release the Military Issue P320.

I had heard somewhere they were. But it could've just been speculation on not an actual fact.

If I'm going to buy a 320 I do not want the thumb safety.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I don't expect it any time soon. As was mentioned above, I did hear somewhere they didn't plan to release it to the public. I'm sure some of that was the announcement being made so close to shot. If people want it, I'm sure Sig will release it eventually.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What's the difference supposed to be? A P320 with a thumb safety added is nothing special, but I'm sure than Sig can etch "Model of 2017 US Army" on them and sell a boatload to civilians.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Beyond the manual thumb safety and color I'm not aware of any other differences between it and a standard P320. My only reason for wanting to purchase one is to have, use, and be very familiar with what the current sidearm of our Army is using. I'm still going to carry what I carry, but I like being completely familiar with whatever my nations army is using.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    What's the difference supposed to be? A P320 with a thumb safety added is nothing special, but I'm sure than Sig can etch "Model of 2017 US Army" on them and sell a boatload to civilians.

Popular Mechanics listed a few changes to the P320 to create a M17.

The Army will buy both full-size and compact versions of the P320. The weapon is fully ambidextrous, with safety and slide catch levers on both sides, and has a bright orange loaded chamber indicator. It features a flap in the trigger well to prevent dirt and debris from entering the pistol.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The Army will buy both full-size and compact versions of the P320. The weapon is fully ambidextrous, with safety and slide catch levers on both sides, and has a bright orange loaded chamber indicator. It features a flap in the trigger well to prevent dirt and debris from entering the pistol.

Ewwwwwwwww

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Probably wont be for quite some time...if even then. Spoke with Sig yesterday about caliber exchange kits and some other product related stuff, and they are doing all they can right now just to catch up with demands of what they already have on the market. For example...one top distributor I spoke with indicated 3 months minimum before they likely get additonal caliber exchange kits. Sig confirmed this as well. So they have plenty of irons in the fire right now as it is.

Top Bottom