• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Kinda completely different. If it is for carry, I'd say keep the CZ because it is polymer and lighter. If it's a range toy I'd say keep the CZ because you can modify it to have a better trigger than you can modify the 92 to have (I believe).

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Kinda completely different. If it is for carry, I'd say keep the CZ because it is polymer and lighter. If it's a range toy I'd say keep the CZ because you can modify it to have a better trigger than you can modify the 92 to have (I believe).
    Basically keep the CZ. :):

I have no experience with the 92, but know how sweet the P07's are and can be. Is there a reason you're contemplating this trade?

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Not really. I have never owned a Beretta before so I don't have much to go on. It just looked like a really nice gun and I have heard good things about them.

They are good guns. The fact that they are the military's gun adds a lot to their popularity. Like rusty, I will probably own one of the surplus ones one day down the road if they become available.

I think I have heard some people say that out of the box the 92 will have a better trigger, however slightly, than a CZ. The CZ shines after having some work done to it, but that can double the price of the gun if you get crazy and go all out.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is kind of like, "I have a Twinkie and someone has offered me a Ho-Ho in trade."

Only you can answer your question.

Now if it was a Hi-Point.... "I have a Twinkie and someone has offered me a dried up Bit-O-Honey in trade." :laugh:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    They are good guns. The fact that they are the military's gun adds a lot to their popularity. Like rusty, I will probably own one of the surplus ones one day down the road if they become available.

I think I have heard some people say that out of the box the 92 will have a better trigger, however slightly, than a CZ. The CZ shines after having some work done to it, but that can double the price of the gun if you get crazy and go all out.

:dunno:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'd say keep the CZ because you can modify it to have a better trigger than you can modify the 92 to have (I believe).

beretta 92 triggers can be made very very nice. there just aren't a lot of people doing them that know how. I don't know if guys like Langdon or Olhasso are still doing work.

If you're a DIY kinda guy, I could walk you through what I did to mine.

-rvb

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette

you can get an awesome trigger for around $100 in a P07, though. Get the Cajun short reset kit, #18 hammer spring, light weight fire pin block spring and light weight trigger spring. 8lb DA 3lb SA and both nice and smooth.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    you can get an awesome trigger for around $100 in a P07, though. Get the Cajun short reset kit, #18 hammer spring, light weight fire pin block spring and light weight trigger spring. 8lb DA 3lb SA and both nice and smooth.

Boy, I don't know. That sounds kinda scary.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Boy, I don't know. That sounds kinda scary.

If by scary you mean FANTASTIC ;-).

No idea what 92 trigger upgrades cost, was just pointing out that you can have a pretty good trigger for way less than double the price of the gun.

If you haven't gotten sights for the P-07 yet, you'll probably want those, too. the "glow in the dark" inserts in mine fell out around 700 rounds in.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The easiest upgrade to a Beretta 92 series trigger is to replace the FS hammer spring with a D model spring. I have no idea why Beretta doesn't install the D spring in all 92s. The other upgrade is really easy. Buy a snap cap, insert in barrel and while watching a movie, pull the trigger a bunch of times. The 92 trigger gets better with use.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    No idea what 92 trigger upgrades cost.

doing the work myself, having the necessary tools already, I could do it for ~$10, to get a trigger pull in the range of 7-8lb DA, 2.5lb SA, and very smooth and crisp.
    That cost is just to get a new 1911 mainspring. (actually, on the newer berettas, I'd want another ~$30 or so for a metal trigger, also).

The easiest upgrade to a Beretta 92 series trigger is to replace the FS hammer spring with a D model spring. I have no idea why Beretta doesn't install the D spring in all 92s. The other upgrade is really easy. Buy a snap cap, insert in barrel and while watching a movie, pull the trigger a bunch of times. The 92 trigger gets better with use.

D spring is a definite upgrade. A 17-18 lb 1911 mainspring is even better and still should work with all but the hardest primers. When I competed in ipsc/idpa with 92s I used a 15lb 1911 mainspring.

Smoothed out from use helps, but doesn't begin to compare to a real work-over, imo.

-rvb

Top Bottom